• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Exodus Trail Cameras

Arkie

SH Member
I searched the forum, but the Exodus broadhead was all I was able to find. If there’s another Exodus Camera thread somewhere, please let me know.

I’m looking at the Exodus Rival. They’ve got a code right now and you can get one for $135. I’m looking to pick up about 5 or so cell cams for the upcoming season; however, it’s been a while since I’ve ran any and I’m out of the loop on what’s out there now.

I liked the 5 year warranty + the theft warranty they offer (these will be on public land).

Anyone have any thoughts on their stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know much about them. They are said to be some of the best. 135 is a great price for any decent cell cam. I run 3 tactacam reveal’s because I couldn’t afford the exodus. I paid around that for the first one and got the second 2 on sale at Wallyworld for 70 ish. Mine are gen 1 and don’t have the gps security feature the new ones have. Hope this helps.

No experience with the Rivals but I’ve got 4 of the Exodus Renders and they are super nice and take decent pictures but my Tactacam Reveals are just as good for less than half the cost. The Exodus customer service team is great if you do ever have any issues so for the same price as a Reveal I would not hesitate.

Given the luck I’ve had with lower price cell cams, all else equal I think the 5 year warranty makes Exodus a winner. I haven’t run their cell cams but may when my current cams clunk out. I’ve run two Exodus SD cams on solar for 5-6 years and those are still two cams I trust enough to put in my hardest to get to locations for long term soaks.

I have one of the older non-cellular Exodus cams and absolutely love it. I get fantastic pictures, it triggers quickly, and the batteries seem to last forever. For half the price I got five cheap-ass Muddy cameras. They're great when I want to saturate a new area to see what might be around, but the pictures are not nearly as good.

I'm thinking about getting another Exodus, even though I won't use the cell service, just because of the picture quality.

Hope you are in a very good state. With the current bans on cameras in general it would be hard for me to spend $675 on cell cameras for public. I had planned on buying more Reveals this year but kinda leery of it now.

Exodus are the only cameras I'll buy anymore. I have around a dozen treks, 2 lift 2's, 4 renders with solar panels, and just picked up 2 rivals. The lift 2's and a few of the treks have got to be close to the end of the 5 year warranty, if not already past it, and are still working great. Last fall I had an issue with one of my renders where the over-the-air commands stopped working, and then the camera stopped sending pictures altogether. I retrieved the camera, called Exodus and left them a message, and got a call back within an hour from Chad the owner. He had me reset the camera, format the card, change up some settings etc. and we actually got the got camera working properly again, but Chad insisted on sending me a new one. 2 days later I had a brand new camera with a return label for the old one. How's that for customer service?

On a side note, I just ordered a dozen of their MMT arrows. Called and talked on the phone with one of the guys for close to an hour going over every detail about my bow setup, specs, hunting style, etc. to build me the perfect arrow. I usually just shoot whatever's cheap at the pro-shop, so really looking forward to trying them. Ordered on Friday night and got a shipping notification today.

They also have a great deer hunting tactics focused podcast, and a pretty entertaining YouTube channel.

Hope you are in a very good state. With the current bans on cameras in general it would be hard for me to spend $675 on cell cameras for public. I had planned on buying more Reveals this year but kinda leery of it now.

I’m in AR. I’d like to think we’re safe, but you never know anymore. That thought has crossed my mind. I’m torn between grabbing a handful of cell cams or twice as many cheap Tascos or something. It’s hit or miss on whether I’ll even have service on a lot of the general areas I hunt.

Another vote for anything Exodus! I currently run 5 renders with the solar panels. The cameras are bulletproof and flat out work. The customer service is the best in the business IMO. I’ve had one issue in the past two years where the flash quit working on one of my cameras. I called and someone answered immediately. I told them about my issue and they sent me a return label. I sent it in and had the camera back within a week. The guys at exodus make a great product and they stand behind it.

I’m in AR. I’d like to think we’re safe, but you never know anymore. That thought has crossed my mind. I’m torn between grabbing a handful of cell cams or twice as many cheap Tascos or something. It’s hit or miss on whether I’ll even have service on a lot of the general areas I hunt.

We already have at least one area where you cant run cams. Wouldnt rule out that list grows, though I have not heard anything at all about such discussions. I try to stay pretty well connected to AGFC and normally hear about things of that magnitude at least a little before hand. That said I am with you in that close to half of the places I hunt have very little to no signal anyway so I plan to just stick with the regular cams.

This thread got me thinking about bans on cell cams vs. bans on all cameras. I had been considering getting another Exodus just because I love the quality. I was planning to just use it as a regular camera without the service. I'm cheap, hunt a lot of areas with no service, and quite honestly, I don't need to be getting pictures randomly through the day. I already have enough trouble not thinking about deer while at work.

Maybe some states are banning all cameras to get around the problem of having to identify whether a camera is connected to a network or not. Maybe not all cell cams have an external antenna, and not all cameras with an antenna are connected to a network.

The Exodus Rival sounds like a solid choice, especially with the special code bringing the cost down to $135 a piece. The 5-year warranty and theft warranty are fantastic bonuses, especially if you're planning to set these up on public land. It sounds like you've done some homework, but since you mentioned you've been out of the loop for a while, I'd suggest checking out this article on the best cellular trail cameras. The market's evolved quite a bit, with various models now offering features like advanced AI recognition, extended battery life, and even solar charging options.

Last edited:
The Exodus Rival sounds like a solid choice, especially with the special code bringing the cost down to $135 a piece. The 5-year warranty and theft warranty are fantastic bonuses, especially if you're planning to set these up on public land.
Yes if you were to go buy several lower price cell cams (Stealthcam etc) and run them side by side with Exodus for a year or so, I think there’s a good chance the Exodus is the one you trust after the test. That’s been my experience anyway, so that’s worth something to me, plus the warranty.

Back