• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Exodus vs Spartan vs Tactacam??

Hoythews71

Choosing between the cheaper models from each brand (Rival, GoCam, Reveal of some title), what are you choosing and why?

I prefer Verizon, but it’s not a requirement. A decent solar option is a big plus.

Currently testing a mixed bag of heavily used Muddy/Stealth, but finding they’re too hit & miss unreliable enough to hang long-distance or out of state. Not paying some Reconyx price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tactacam imo has completely cornered the cell cam market. They aren't just good, theyre incredible.
Great battery life
Not cheap but not expensive
Not had a single issue with my 13 reveal x's and gen 2s
Night pics are best in class
Great clean 10800 video
Amazing well designed app
One the better features is aspect ratio of the pics. The pics are very tall. So I can throw my cams 10 ft up a tree to try and cut down on bears eating them and deter theft while still getting a pic of what walked by.

I don't think the Tactacam pro or xb is worth the extra money. I cannot recommend enough.

Not sure if this helps, but I have learned the cheaper you go the more disappointed you'll be. I've used Muddy, by far the worst. Now running Moultrie Edge and Bushnell Cellcore. Bushnell is getting sold after season. Moultrie I like, but I've literally watched deer stand in front of them and no picture is taken.

I'd take the above advice on tacticam. In fact I may listen to it myself if I don't decide to ditch cell cameras all together.

Tactacam imo has completely cornered the cell cam market. They aren't just good, theyre incredible.
Great battery life
Not cheap but not expensive
Not had a single issue with my 13 reveal x's and gen 2s
Night pics are best in class
Great clean 10800 video
Amazing well designed app
One the better features is aspect ratio of the pics. The pics are very tall. So I can throw my cams 10 ft up a tree to try and cut down on bears eating them and deter theft while still getting a pic of what walked by.

I don't think the Tactacam pro or xb is worth the extra money. I cannot recommend enough.
How long do the internal batteries last without some sort of external power source.

I'm up to about 10 Tactacam Reveals of various models. I sold all my other brand cams. I am completely satisfied with the Reveals. I run mine on external 12v batteries in Herd360 boxes and leave them out year round.

I can't speak on the other's, but that is because I can't buy anything other than tactacam anymore. They just plain work. I have switched all of my to the rechargeable lithium battery pack. Honestly the battery life depends on a lot of variables, how many pics you are taking, how often are you having them sent to your phone, outside temps..... I have one camera I have received just under 200 pics since the first week of Sept and it is still at 87%. I have another camera I have received A LOT more pics on and have replaced the battery already this season. if I had another spot that needed a camera I would buy another tomorrow without hesitation.

Not sure if this helps, but I have learned the cheaper you go the more disappointed you'll be. I've used Muddy, by far the worst. Now running Moultrie Edge and Bushnell Cellcore. Bushnell is getting sold after season. Moultrie I like, but I've literally watched deer stand in front of them and no picture is taken.

I'd take the above advice on tacticam. In fact I may listen to it myself if I don't decide to ditch cell cameras all together.
Thus far for me the Bushnells have been fine for the price, particularly with battery life. I left one out all last season on lithiums, it sent pics Oct-Feb, I turned off the plan forgot about it walked by it mid October of this year, grabbed it and it was still taking pics, I had a full year of pics on that cam. I also run Cuddelink and Stealthcam, just haven’t tried Tacticam yet. But if I have a spot with not much sun so can’t run solar I’m more than happy to drop a Cellucore there.

I have three Exodus conventional cams, their warranty is worth something when weighing options.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Yeah, the used Muddy/StealthCam have been 50/50 on reliability, and with my few opportunities to get into the woods, I need something better for sure.

I’m active military, and I’ve heard Tactacam offers a STELLAR military discount, so I’m likely going that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back