• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Extending JX-3 Lineman's Loops

dlist777

May 21, 2019
I have an older JX-3 and I extended my lineman's loops by simply inserting two amsteel loops into the existing lineman's loops and girth hitching them. It works and helps me get hooked up around my belly. But the amsteel loops don't really stay open so sometimes its a bit of a struggle to get my caribiner in and and out on my right side (I girth hitch LB on the left so it stays attached all the time)

Any ideas on ssomething I could do to keep them open?
Any better ideas on extending the lineman's loops?

TIA

Doug

bj139

Jun 13, 2019
SE PA
I have an older JX-3 and I extended my lineman's loops by simply inserting two amsteel loops into the existing lineman's loops and girth hitching them. It works and helps me get hooked up around my belly. But the amsteel loops don't really stay open so sometimes its a bit of a struggle to get my caribiner in and and out on my right side (I girth hitch LB on the left so it stays attached all the time)

Any ideas on ssomething I could do to keep them open?
Any better ideas on extending the lineman's loops?

TIA

Doug
Maybe a short climbing sling girth hitched would work better. A few stitches would prevent it from falling off while walking.

Last edited:
Reactions: dlist777

mtsrunner

Sep 10, 2019
A little wrap of reflective tape will keep it open and also provide a visual reference in the dark.
c05e0f2dad3d2f7c0bc6e9c43e4fa4c0.jpg

knightwyrm

Jan 3, 2018
SE Wisconsin
When I needed to add extra layers clothing to stave off the cold last year, I used a DMM shackle and a dog bone to extend the lineman's loops. The rigidity of the dog bone made it easy to find in the dark.

PXL_20201013_160638009 (1).jpg