• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

F&Scyclone (Helium)rope modification

Duserock

While I'm patiently waiting for my Kestrel I have been researching between sticks and tree steps. I almost purchased the Muddy pro sticks when I remembered I had some sticks I bought years ago in the woods. I thought they were low quality but after retrieving them they seem nice. In fact maybe the helium sticks with the F&S name on them. Hoping you guys can help me with some questions with a rope modification. Can I use this button as a versa button? What size rope should I order for the 3/8' gap? What kind of rope should I purchase or can I go to the local box store and get some braided nylon rope? I'm debating on using a mixture of sticks and steps. My sticks weigh 9lbs and my handful of Crawford steps weigh 5lbs. I just don't like how long it takes me to screw in the steps. My plan is to use a stick with a 3 step aider on the bottom, 5 screw in steps and then a stick on top using the top of it for half a platform. State land I would use all 3 sticks. I do like the idea of cutting the sticks down to a two step model but ill wait to see how these are to pack in. Thanks for your time guys!!IMG_0248.jpg IMG_0246.jpg IMG_0248.jpg IMG_0246.jpg

Never seen those sticks before so not sure about the rope mod but I don't see why it wouldn't work. 8mm accessory cord is the size I used on my rope mod. I will tell you the three step aider on three step sticks will probably not work because you won't be able to put the stick up high enough on the tree for all three steps to be used. I'm 6 ft 2 inches and have really long arms. I use a fairly long one step aider on all my lone wolf sticks. I can get 20 + feet with three sticks.

Back