• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite climbing sticks

Derek0413

Sure it's been posted a lot on here but I'm not finding exactly what I'm looking for.

Wanting some current opinions on what's everyone's favorite climbing stick sections to use. Hawk heliums with the rope mod keep catching my attention the most, as they are a double step and everyone seems to say they are well made.

I plan on going by DIY sportsmans video on YouTube about making some aiders and then add the rope mod on whatever I use.

Also has anyone ever used summit bucksteps? And is anyone using the stepp system along with climbing stick sections.

Last question is what rope do I need. At this point I'm thinking 9mm superstatic from what I've read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8mm static is the best. 9mm will work but won't squeeze behind and pinch as well. Sticks wise LW are nice but single step (major negative, x stand mantis are nice big angle double steps with metal versa button and come in pack of 4. ,but can be noisy and not as compact stacking. I'm currently in the market and prefer muddy, leverage, or even double xop sticks. Although I'm looking at API hunt'n stick (lone wolf double step knock off). I too am looking to add a double aider on the first stick and 2 reg sticks after.... but not sure how high I'll get. That is my experience and personal thoughts for what they are worth....

I think BCHunter has the summit buck steps? I use muddy pros and am perfectly happy with them In do wish they were lighter. I use a 5 step and 2 - 3 step aiders. I would give them up for spikes if they were legal but not much else.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info. I'll do some looking into the muddy and hawk

I think BCHunter has the summit buck steps? I use muddy pros and am perfectly happy with them In do wish they were lighter. I use a 5 step and 2 - 3 step aiders. I would give them up for spikes if they were legal but not much else.

I use the Hawk raZOR Shortmax's. Here's a link to my review. They are better with my new amsteel daisy chain, but still would look elsewhere.
http://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/hawk-razor-shortmax-climbing-sticks.1659/

Love my helium hawk steps with a versa button. I have home make ladder aiders tied to the bottom of each step. My lone wolf's just sit in the garage now

Well I just ordered the hawk helium sticks. Got the lonewolf versa buttons ordered as well. Looking into the aider material and all that and rope for the mod.

What length of rope for the rope mod is preffered? And are you using aiders on every step when using the full length heliums?

Back