• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite gear lanyard.

Of course i take the metal of them........then put à paracord loop long enough to loop your gear through around any strap....but i like to take the bar off plastic strap clips and use the clip for quick connects..i just stuff the lanyard in my pocket with the rangefinder.1000002189.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure ....i think my wife got them off Amazon of course.wrong add i put up.dut tool lanyars are every where
Yeah but I think we’re looking at the same exact thing from Walmart and cost twice as much for me.
They have an Ozark trail that’s cheaper though

Dropping stuff Is the most common curse to every one i know .sometimes you have to run to cut of a heard of elk or bear crawl down a blackberry tunnel so its inevitable out here that you will drop something.i have zippers on all my pockets but need to be able to react fast and know my stuff is there hen my pockets are open.out of all the stuff i have used im happy with theses.

I'm probably a little anal with gear management/storage/ease of deployment....I used to keep stuff tethered to me but it's a catch 22 cause I had more issues with the leashes/lanyards getting caught up. I was using packs/fanny packs at this time. I really hated having to take the backpack off all the time to get to things...fanny was better but the 1 that i have is lacking any really good way to keep my stuff organized and packing layers or a platform sucked (I see there are better options available to buy now but too expensive for me)....after brainstorming on it for a while and looking around at what was available I bought my vest off military surplus and a whole bunch of dirt cheap surplus molle pouches...the dimensions of the pouches are all listed so u can look at ur stuff and get a good guestimate of the sizes u need. Going that route and having molle strapping covering pretty much my whole upper torso I can place the items right where I want them and they are easy access if I need them to be and the stuff I don't use much is placed outta sight and totally secure from loosing anything unless I forget to close a pouch clasp/button/buckle. In summary...lanyards suck

Agrea....but so does loosing stuff so i gotta have atleast 1....i think the same about legstraps.i did the vest thing but its to much on the torso causing excess sweat for elk hunting when covering ground in summer or when wearing layers in winter. My fanny pack is modulare and can connect to the bottom of my backpack with my long distance overnight camping gear.the vest was cool for hunting from a tree.but 1 trick ponies are only good for people with one trick.i should have used it fishing.i dont need to stop walking to take off layers or access all my gear with my fannypack in the dark.every thing in its place and dont miss a beat.that said.i have more than a thousand dollars into range finders and only used 1 of them 1 time to harvest game.im not loosing this one.its good luck now.

Last edited:
I'm probably a little anal with gear management/storage/ease of deployment....I used to keep stuff tethered to me but it's a catch 22 cause I had more issues with the leashes/lanyards getting caught up. I was using packs/fanny packs at this time. I really hated having to take the backpack off all the time to get to things...fanny was better but the 1 that i have is lacking any really good way to keep my stuff organized and packing layers or a platform sucked (I see there are better options available to buy now but too expensive for me)....after brainstorming on it for a while and looking around at what was available I bought my vest off military surplus and a whole bunch of dirt cheap surplus molle pouches...the dimensions of the pouches are all listed so u can look at ur stuff and get a good guestimate of the sizes u need. Going that route and having molle strapping covering pretty much my whole upper torso I can place the items right where I want them and they are easy access if I need them to be and the stuff I don't use much is placed outta sight and totally secure from loosing anything unless I forget to close a pouch clasp/button/buckle. In summary...lanyards suck
I tend to be a pocket guy rather than a lanyard guy as well. Where I do use a lanyard exclusively is on the remote for the e caller I use predator and crow hunting. I have a pocket on the chest rig I wear that has a paracord loop sewn in that the lanyard of the remote is hooked to. The lanyard is if I have to drop the remote for a quick in shot opportunity that may arise.

My rangefinder lives in a pouch from nomad I bought on sale ...it does have a bungee lanyard that is removable from the pouch so I can have it ready while elevated but when not in use I put the lanyard inside the pouch so it's not exposed to get caught up in something. I actually really like the pouch...magnetic flap and who doesn't like bottomland?

Screenshot_20240130-082238~2.png

Back