• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite tree tether

bigmike23

Was going through all my stuff and taking count on gear, I cannot find my tree tether anywhere. Gone like a fart in the wind.
Looking at some new stuff. The WLR feather lite looks interesting but obscenely expensive. What tickles your fancy nowadays

Was going through all my stuff and taking count on gear, I cannot find my tree tether anywhere. Gone like a fart in the wind.
Looking at some new stuff. The WLR feather lite looks interesting but obscenely expensive. What tickles your fancy nowadays
Paracord seems popular :grinning:

I’m using Oplux myself, with a full bury Amsteel lineman’s that I make my redundant tether when I get to hunting height.

I use the latitude vapor 8mm. Works pretty good. I will mention tx5 came out with a 5mm tether that is catching my eye minus it’s sold out rn. I like a soft rope tether for girth hitching if I see the need to.

I have Canyon C-IV, Canyon Elite and Resc Tech, but I’m still using the same old REI 8mm PMI cord for my tether and LB.

What rope do you use for the friction hitch on this?

What rope do you use for the friction hitch on this?

I use the same main tether rope.

Woods Hunting Saddles sells a 7 mm sewn eye to eye prusik (from Bluewater, I believe) that works great on it with a distel hitch. I always add another wrap to my distel hitches though (slid down the tether on a different set up years ago....and now I'm a bit paranoid of that).

With a tender, it works great.

I've used an 8.5' 8mm RescTech tether with a 5" sewn eye for two years now, pretty much where I sit lol. Plain Jane... The hitch is 6mm Probe tied in an Arbsession Hitch with a TX-5 tender.

6mm TRC

That probably bites that 9mm (excuse me.....8.9 mm) rope pretty well

what hitch are you using and how many wraps?

I use the latitude vapor 8mm. Works pretty good. I will mention tx5 came out with a 5mm tether that is catching my eye minus it’s sold out rn. I like a soft rope tether for girth hitching if I see the need to.
That tx5 tether you mentioned is back in stack

Back