• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Finally bought a boat!

Tim0712

SH Member
I live 30 seconds from a sizeable pond and I bought my house here 5 years ago. Finally had enough of kayaks and bought a little John boat and felt the instant need to upfit it for bass fishing! It’s not done yet but I took it out for its maiden voyage tonight! I’m beyond happy with how it’s coming along so I figured I’d share it here!

Attachments

• IMG_6452.jpeg
    IMG_6452.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6484.jpeg
    IMG_6484.jpeg
    451.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6486.jpeg
    IMG_6486.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6496.jpeg
    IMG_6496.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6495.jpeg
    IMG_6495.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 108
nice! 14'? i have a 12 footer thats been sitting for too long that needs the same treatment with decks and such

I love boats. Have had them my whole life but they are a giant pit that you throw money into :sweatsmile:
If you think saddle hunting and gear gets expensive, buy a boat and use it in saltwater… all of a sudden saddle costs aren’t so bad

what size kicker are you running on it? 15 or 25?

That's awesome! Can I ask briefly what turned you off with the kayaks? I'm looking at a few but need to make sure I have all considerations covered.

kayaks suck for fishing, and when you gotta peeee! i only use mine for water that is just to deep to wade.

That's awesome! Can I ask briefly what turned you off with the kayaks? I'm looking at a few but need to make sure I have all considerations covered.
I have no big issue with kayaks but like someone just stated they’re not easy to fish in and my biggest turn off was we tend to go fishing as a family so before my wife would take my kiddo between her legs so while I got to enjoy fishing she had to balance a 3 year old and 2 fishing poles while paddling I’ll be keeping my kayak for those remote spots that hold good bass and it’s the only way to get on the water but if there’s a ramp I won’t be using a kayak anymore haha

I have no big issue with kayaks but like someone just stated they’re not easy to fish in and my biggest turn off was we tend to go fishing as a family so before my wife would take my kiddo between her legs so while I got to enjoy fishing she had to balance a 3 year old and 2 fishing poles while paddling I’ll be keeping my kayak for those remote spots that hold good bass and it’s the only way to get on the water but if there’s a ramp I won’t be using a kayak anymore haha
Solo boats are great for solo fishing. If your date likes to fish has a kayak you're all set, otherwise you've got to upgrade.

you sit to low to the water, and constantly spinning around trying to fight a fish, and the paddle is always in the way, and if you load your junk in back of you, you cant get to it unless you find a spot that is shallow enough you can get out to get to it. lol. id rather wade or be in my boat for fishing. i know alot of guys love them, not me.( i got a cheap one) that might make a difference.

Solo boats are great for solo fishing. If your date likes to fish has a kayak you're all set, otherwise you've got to upgrade.
I’ll upgrade one day I wanted to buy a bass boat but the use it will see with my kiddo only being three isn’t justifiable to the cost just yet. In a few years when he’s older and more independent I’ll upgrade to a real boat

Back