• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Finally found some "western" made carabiners

Spartan

I know many people don't care much, but I like to get away from the Asian manufacturing as much as I can and for many reasons. Found these from a company called DMM in the UK. And unlike many other brands that tout how much they are a western company on their websites, but only to have their gear marked as made in China or made in Taiwan, etc., this company is actually making them where they are headquartered.

So just passing along if anyone is interested. They seem to be top quality as well. I believe that Petzl and possibly Edelrid are also made in Europe, but they don't offer the very compact biners that I like for saddle hunting.

IMG_5329.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot about Kong. I'll have to see if they have any of the compact biners.

I forgot about Kong. I'll have to see if they have any of the compact biners.

I know many people don't care much, but I like to get away from the Asian manufacturing as much as I can and for many reasons. Found these from a company called DMM in the UK. And unlike many other brands that tout how much they are a western company on their websites, but only to have their gear marked as made in China or made in Taiwan, etc., this company is actually making them where they are headquartered.

So just passing along if anyone is interested. They seem to be top quality as well. I believe that Petzl and possibly Edelrid are also made in Europe, but they don't offer the very compact biners that I like for saddle hunting.

View attachment 66092
Just so you know, Rock Exotica, and SMC are the last two remaining carabiner manufacturers that are still made in the USA. So you can still come a little more Western lol

Just so you know, Rock Exotica, and SMC are the last two remaining carabiner manufacturers that are still made in the USA. So you can still come a little more Western lol

I bought an SMC Escape 8 as a very small lightweight backup for my Safeguard. That and hollowblock make a very compact Plan B for rappelling.

Back