• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fire truck platform steps

nateg

SH Member
So I was driving behind a fire truck this morning and saw these awesome folding steps on the back of the truck. I'm going to pick a few up at Grainger today and see if I can put them on a strap somehow and use three of them for my run and gun platform around the tree instead of carrying in a full platform. They are only $10 a piece and weight about a pound each. Anyone else tried to use something like this? https://www.grainger.com/product/BUYERS-PRODUCTS-Folding-Step-30PD97

Ive thought of using them as well. You may have to attach them to a post to hace something to grip to the tree. The step is super small though which is why i havnt tried it but let us k ow how it turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was driving behind a fire truck this morning and saw these awesome folding steps on the back of the truck. I'm going to pick a few up at Grainger today and see if I can put them on a strap somehow and use three of them for my run and gun platform around the tree instead of carrying in a full platform. They are only $10 a piece and weight about a pound each. Anyone else tried to use something like this? https://www.grainger.com/product/BUYERS-PRODUCTS-Folding-Step-30PD97

Have you gotten any further with this? I just ordered 2 to come up with how to strap them to the tree and then will order more if it works. I like the width of the step and the traction on it.

Back