• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First time out with the CRUZR ARCHON

LtMoe66

SH Member
Got my new CRUZR Archon last week and finally got to get out and try yesterday. Awesome! Is all I can say. It was soooo comfortable. Only thing I wish was better was the belt isn’t very stiff and wants to loosen and the clips on the leg strap are hard to undo with my old fingers. But all things that can be adjusted or fixed I’m sure. Would definitely recommend. Selling my almost new Aero Flex now! Lol! Can’t wait for this coming season!!

Attachments

• 3E92C5ED-AEED-4943-A9F6-BE65915C7622.jpeg
    3E92C5ED-AEED-4943-A9F6-BE65915C7622.jpeg
    728.1 KB · Views: 151
  • E7D2DD32-40EE-4538-A63E-C3678C65EF8C.jpeg
    E7D2DD32-40EE-4538-A63E-C3678C65EF8C.jpeg
    744.4 KB · Views: 150
  • D8B4D50A-BDF0-45D8-9892-3A33FE11C530.jpeg
    D8B4D50A-BDF0-45D8-9892-3A33FE11C530.jpeg
    728.1 KB · Views: 130
Got my new CRUZR Archon last week and finally got to get out and try yesterday. Awesome! Is all I can say. It was soooo comfortable. Only thing I wish was better was the belt isn’t very stiff and wants to loosen and the clips on the leg strap are hard to undo with my old fingers. But all things that can be adjusted or fixed I’m sure. Would definitely recommend. Selling my almost new Aero Flex now! Lol! Can’t wait for this coming season!!
is the belt like the seat belt thickness? sounds like the same one on the cruzr which i did not care for.

is the belt like the seat belt thickness? sounds like the same one on the cruzr which i did not care for.
It is. I wish the belt was like the one on my Aero Flex. That would be perfect!

What Flex do you have? I have a size 2 and need to go back to size 1. I also just got the Archon but haven't had a chance to try it out yet

What Flex do you have? I have a size 2 and need to go back to size 1. I also just got the Archon but haven't had a chance to try it out yet
I have the Size 2 also

Have you tried other 2 panel saddles before? If so how does this compare?

Run a triglide through the left side of the belt and it will eliminate your belt from loosening. Had to do the same thing on the cruzr xc. Simple and easy fix.

Have you tried other 2 panel saddles before? If so how does this compare?
Tried the Eberhart and Latitude
Run a triglide through the left side of the belt and it will eliminate your belt from loosening. Had to do the same thing on the cruzr xc. Simple and easy fix.
Thanks for the advice. Called Cruzr and there sending me one. Will be here by Thursday.

the XC I have is thinner than a seat belt

the original cheap buckle required or tolerated that

cobra buckle doesn’t do as well

The Cobra buckle on the Archon seems pretty cheesy compared to the buckle on my Flex. Not all Cobra buckles are created equal.

The Cobra buckle on the Archon seems pretty cheesy compared to the buckle on my Flex. Not all Cobra buckles are created equal.
The buckle on the Flex is a Raptor buckle not a Cobra which is larger and has a different rating.

The buckle on the Flex is a Raptor buckle not a Cobra which is larger and has a different rating.
Thanks for clarifying. My point remains, I like the buckle on the Flex 100 times better than the Archon buckle

the XC I have is thinner than a seat belt

the original cheap buckle required or tolerated that

cobra buckle doesn’t do as well
I talked with Cruzr yesterday. The original buckle handled their original buckle which didn’t have an official rating, so that’s why they offered the Cobra buckle but it isn’t working as well with the slightly thinner webbing. The fix is adding the triglide to the other side. There is one on the female side already. MSbowhunter48 made the suggestion in the earlier post and that’s when I called. Cruzr will send you one at no cost if you call and tell them you are having an issue.

I talked with Cruzr yesterday. The original buckle handled their original buckle which didn’t have an official rating, so that’s why they offered the Cobra buckle but it isn’t working as well with the slightly thinner webbing. The fix is adding the triglide to the other side. There is one on the female side already. MSbowhunter48 made the suggestion in the earlier post and that’s when I called. Cruzr will send you one at no cost if you call and tell them you are having an issue.

What buckle comes stock with the Archon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks

I did my own switch to the cobra buckle before they offered it and also did the triglides

steel ones with a 200 lbs working load limit

What buckle comes stock with the Archon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not sure of a brand name. It is similar to the Cobra buckle but thinner and doesn’t have an official ANSI rating. This is the original.

Attachments

• CA05C3FD-2C7E-48EE-B4B2-9E4A32D1D884.jpeg
    CA05C3FD-2C7E-48EE-B4B2-9E4A32D1D884.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 58
I’m not sure of a brand name. It is similar to the Cobra buckle but thinner and doesn’t have an official ANSI rating. This is the original.
This buckle is on their other saddles and available with an upgrade to the Cobra buckle. The ARCHON comes with the Cobra buckle standard

Received mine in the mail yesterday. Definitely a comfortable saddle. I did have to add a triglide to the left side. Also, had to do the same when I had my xc.

Back