• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First timer thoughts

Kuenro02

I've been hanging in my backyard just learning my setup and how to get comfy. I just could not see how people were "sitters", I just couldn't get comfortable. Until today! I picked up some knee pads from Menards....game changer! I haven't hunted in a saddle yet but before this I was a little worried about making it through a 3 hour sit.

The other thing is to be sure to slide your prusik down when wanting to sit. I was trying to keep it at the same length as my leaning position.

The ability to "sit" by getting your knees into the tree is a huge advantage, I think, for staying comfortable. It really allows you to take as much weight as you like off your feet. Then when you want to lean you just give a push with your feet. The movements are so subtle compared to going from sitting to standing position in a traditional stand. It seems that the positions you can place yourself into are almost endless. Pete

Back