• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gadells processing menu, Fauquier Va

I don't do FB so thanks for this.

I do a 3 day hunt every year near Lake of the Woods but stay in Warrenton and I'm always looking for processors in that area. Especially ones with after hours drop off with a walk in cooler. Does this place do anything like that? Last year I used Hidden Pines. This place looks much closer to where I stay though.

Lol yeah they prolly forgot to change the date. Prices seem to be about the same.
Come gun season they get pretty busy and by the end of December they sometimes have to stop accepting deer as they get backlogged so just keep that in mind folks.

happen to know if they put a message on their machine if they stop accepting? And is the walk in 24/7?

I guess I should just call them lol

Lol nah. Yeah they usually change their message. If I remember I’ll post here when they do. If I forget which is highly likely hit me up and I’ll check. Walk in is not 24/7. They have normal operating hours and then after that you drop you deer off. They have an entrance where their tags are kept, you tag your deer and drag it inside the walk in cooler.

Awesome. Appreciate it

when I said walk in, I meant the walk in cooler. is that 24/7?
My local place in PA the walk in cooler is advertised as 24/7 but they are Amish so they actually don't want you there on Sunday at all. So it's locked on Sunday.

For @GreginPA:
Update from today:
Just a reminder: We are open the month of September, Early Deer Season. However, the office is only open on Saturdays this month from 9:00 to 5:00. The rest of the week you must call first and let us know when you plan to bring in your deer so someone can meet you at the office.

Be sure to register your deer with the state of VA and get a confirmation number. We need that number to process your deer.
This is done online or on your phone. We do not register deer with physical tags anymore.
Be sure to put ice in the cavity and between the back legs if it's a hot day. This goes for all season long as it protects the meat from spoiling.
Completely field dress your deer in the woods before you bring it to us. That includes the heart and lungs. We will NOT except deer if
it is not field dressed.
We will take your deer whole with the hide on. We actually prefer it that way. Due to the volume of deer that we take in, we prefer that you don't bring us deer that is quartered until mid-December.

We take deer from all counties. Because CWD is so prevalent, we can take them and the wildlife biologist come to us once a week to collect samples. It is completely OPTIONAL if you want the deer tested for CWD.

We do except deer for donation to Hunters for the Hungry. Be sure to fill out the information on the clip board and tag your deer with a Hunters for the Hungry tag. There is no charge for this service.

Starting on October 7th, (the first day of Bow Season), we will have After Hour Check available to you. Follow the directions to tag your deer found in the room that juts off the main building. Leave your deer in front of the big roll up door on the concrete pad. Don't forget to put ice in the cavity. We will call you the next day to go over your order with you. Be sure and take a brochure with you to look over what you want to order.

Hopefully this will answer most questions. If you need to reach us with any other questions I didn't answer, please contact us by Facebook, message or phone.

Our hours in October are 9:00-6:00 Monday through Saturday and 9:00-12:00 on Sunday. If you leave your deer after those hours, please follow the above rules.

Generally, your order will take up to a week to 10 days to get back. We age your deer as long as possible before we cut it. If you order specialty items, your order may take a bit longer. November it will be longer because of the volume of deer that we receive.

October 14th update:
In the month of October we are open 9:00-6:00 Monday -Saturday and 9:00-12:00 noon on Sunday. You are welcome to use the after hour check at anytime. Be sure and put ice in the cavity and between the back legs when leaving it on a hot day or overnight. Also be sure to tag your deer so we know it belongs to you. The tags are in the room marked “office”.
We accept deer for Hunters for the Hungry.
We prefer that you bring your deer whole and completely field dressed including heart and lungs. If you must bring quartered deer we will only except that during the month of October and late December and January. We don’t have room to store quartered deer in November.

October update:
I will say this, once gun season opens they’re limited on storage so when Susan (that’s Mrs. Gadell to you) calls you to pick up your order you best scoot and get it.

In the month of October we are open 9:00-6:00 Monday -Saturday and 9:00-12:00 noon on Sunday. You are welcome to use the after hour check at anytime. Be sure and put ice in the cavity and between the back legs when leaving it on a hot day or overnight. Also be sure to tag your deer so we know it belongs to you. The tags are in the room marked “office”.
We accept deer for Hunters for the Hungry.
We prefer that you bring your deer whole and completely field dressed including heart and lungs. If you must bring quartered deer we will only except that during the month of October and late December and January. We don’t have room to store quartered deer in November.”

November update:
In the month of November we are open 9:00-7:00 Monday -Saturday and 9:00-12:00 noon on Sunday. You are welcome to use the after-hour check at anytime. Be sure to put ice in the cavity and between the back legs when leaving it on a hot day or overnight. Also be sure to tag your deer so we know it belongs to you. The tags are in the room marked “office”.

We DO accept deer for Hunters for the Hungry. Fill out a section on the clip board and put a Hunters for the Hungry tag on the back leg of your deer. Leave the deer in front of the roll-up door.

We prefer that you bring your deer WHOLE, HIDE ON and completely field dressed including heart and lungs. Please don't bring quartered deer in November. We will only except quartered deer during the month of October and late December and January. We don’t have room to store quartered deer in November. Freeze your meat until we begin accepting parts of deer again.

Also, take note, Rifle season and Thanksgiving are in the same week. We will most likely have to pause some days during this month due to the amount of deer we receive. It will be during the week that we will close to make room in our cooler to accept more deer. Keep your deer cool by putting ice in the cavity and keep it in a cool place until we open back up again. We always try to be open on weekends. Check back with us by phone or Facebook to see when we will open back up. Thank you for your patience.

If you are in need of a taxidermist to mount your trophy or you want a European skull mount, we can provide that for you. Just mention that when we take your order.

Looking forward to seeing our old friends again and welcoming new ones. Happy hunting and good luck.

Addendum:
The reason for not accepting quartered deer according to Mrs. Gadell is they don’t have the storage space nor the hands to process the extra deer. Just an fyi. If you’re wanting sausage, snack sticks, jerky or other they’ll gladly do that like the update says after the season.

Update:
In preparation for rifle season they are NOT accepting deer today the 15th or tomorrow the 16th. They will accept deer the 17th so if you harvest one today or tomorrow keep it on ice.

Heading to that area of VA on Friday for the rifle opener on Saturday!

11/21 update:
We will NOT be accepting deer until Friday, Nov 24. We will be open 9-7. We will allow you to pick up your deer meat or antlers or caped deer anytime this week with the exception of Thanksgiving day as the Office will be closed. There will be NO after hour check in.

We are currently cutting orders brought in the week of Nov 6-10. Please wait for a phone call or text message to let you know your meat is ready. Pick up right away as we have a space issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Update: seems like they’re pretty full. Plan accordingly:
We hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. We, however, have to make tough decisions about what to do about taking in deer. As much as we've tried to get a hole in the cooler to take in more deer, it just hasn't happened enough to make a difference. Between staff being away for the holiday and the amount of deer we have to cut, we have to take a vary small amount of deer. So Friday, November 24, WILL take whole field dressed deer from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon. After that time. we WILL NOT be accepting deer for an indefinite We will accept deer to be donated. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience for you. Continue to watch our FB page for updates.
If you have meat to pick up, please do so as soon as you are called. This is the same for antlers and caped out deer.
We are not accepting quartered deer as well. We will post that information around the middle of December.

RECAP: Friday morning, we WILL accept deer until noon.
We will take donated deer.
After noon, we will NOT accept deer for an unknown amount of time.
We will NOT accept quartered deer until mid-December.
Pick up your meat as soon as you are called.

Thank you. AND STAY TOONED

Back