• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gear Grappler

donnieballgame

I don't have one of these, because I'm cheap and I just built one, but this looks pretty slick and I will probably get one someday.

http://www.geargrappler.com/

The hooks fold in, so you could throw it into your pocket without a problem, which I can't do with my DIY version.

Man you guys are always making me want to buy stuff. Grin... Looks pretty neat!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Man you guys are always making me want to buy stuff. Grin... Looks pretty neat!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Lol, I really like being able to pick up arrows, I put a rare earth magnet on the bottom of mine or anything else for that matter

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That looks like so much fun...but 7oz more in my pack...

I keep everything tied with paracord as much as possible. My tab has a wrist strap too.

But the day I drop my warmest hat...I'll wish I had a grappling hook!

I just bought one of these last week and used it over the weekend. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup . I bought a gear grappler. It is fantastic when used with a doyles hunting hoist. I do not carry sticks or anything up the tree with me anymore but use the doyle hoist with the grappler and pull things up as I need them. Less noise, less hassle, and easier climbing.
Oh and if I drop something. No problem anymore.

ask for a doyles hunting hoist too
I totally did! The Doyles tho you need to attach the bow/rifle/whatever while you are on the ground... correct?
Meaning there is no fishing of items like the grappler.
I used the Hawk hoist this season and went through 2 of them. Not reliable enough for me.

I have a crossbow and never attach it at the ground . I just pull it up with the grapple and it has not dropped yet.
The Doyles is way better... strong Retractable and reliable. Never tangles

I you want pull your bow up first and attach it at the ground then use ;your grapple My bow has a dry fire and safety so I am not worried about cocking it on the ground. Just don't put an arrow in it.
With a gun I would attach it unless you want to chance it on a gun sling.

Back