• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ghillie Suit for bow hunting

PJC

I have several properties I can hunt that have no trees. An abandoned apple orchard with only apple trees. I need a good Ghillie Suit. Anyone got a line on a good Ghillie Suit made for bow hunters?
I could possibly sit in a sit drag off an apple tree but I’d need the camo of a Ghillie Suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After videoing myself in a killsuit from allpredatorcalls.com at DaveT's recommendation, and seeing how well it blends in, It is my recommendation for sure. It's light, packs easy, breathes well, and the damn thing blended in to my old picket fence in the back yard for pete's sake. Oh, and they're fairly inexpensive. I think the sapper makes more sense than the pants/jacket combo.

Reactions: PJC
After videoing myself in a killsuit from allpredatorcalls.com at DaveT's recommendation, and seeing how well it blends in, It is my recommendation for sure. It's light, packs easy, breathes well, and the damn thing blended in to my old picket fence in the back yard for pete's sake. Oh, and they're fairly inexpensive. I think the sapper makes more sense than the pants/jacket combo.
What lining/pattern did you get? these look pretty solid. How small does it pack?

What lining/pattern did you get? these look pretty solid. How small does it pack?

Football size around, about 16" long or so in the bag they send with it. Easy to get in there. I would imagine you could pack quite a bit tighter or flatter, depending on where you're trying to shove it. Strapping to bottom of a pack or front of a pack is easy peasy.

Forgot to answer on color. I have the forest in the sapper and the brown in the pants/jacket. Forest will get used more down here in south la where it's green in my woods until December haha. If I had to pick out the two, brown I guess. Hell I don't know. It seems like a thing to have both of given what you're trying to accomplish with ghillie.

What Lining and pattern did you get?
I've got a lot of tall grass and corn fields. They're pretty brown usually by hunting season although the grass is still pretty green this year, I wouldn't base my choice on that.
The suits on the other site look awesome too but pretty pricy.

Damn, why do I see more money flying out of my wallet? @kyler1945 you like the pants/jacket better or sapper for bow hunting?

i just ordered me a kill suit. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I will soon!

I tried it on in the back yard and i was impressed.

I have heard that it isn't so much about blending in, it's more about breaking up your outline. either way, I picked the woodland with top and bottom and i think it'll work great for both.

I read where one guy’s online review of a different brand said he found himself dragging debris around. He wasn’t knocking the suit, just said it was an unintended consequence. For that reason I’m going with the Sapp.

Sapper all the way, I considered sending the pant/jacket back. The sapper is too perfect for 90% of scenarios, and I think you could add some snaps or Velcro to roll up the bottom several inches to mimic the jacket

I don’t know if these are big enough to wear over cold weather clothes. The site says they are designed to wear over jeans and a T-Shirt. It’s already cold here in Wisconsin.

http://bushrag.com/ has a bowhunter version with the inner sleeve bare.
I have a pant and jacket set that I got from Cabelas a couple years ago. I think it might be discontinued now, but I love it. And its worked on coyote turkey and deer. Its light and packable and breathes unlike some of the 3D leafy suits out there.

Yeah, I talked to the guys at all predator and I'm on the Upper end of their size especially if I want to wear cold weather clothing underneath. 6'4" and 250. That's a lot of carcass to camo.

http://bushrag.com/ has a bowhunter version with the inner sleeve bare.
I have a pant and jacket set that I got from Cabelas a couple years ago. I think it might be discontinued now, but I love it. And its worked on coyote turkey and deer. Its light and packable and breathes unlike some of the 3D leafy suits out there.

The Bushrag Marc Anthony suit is what we use at The Hunting Public. I’ll be hunting in mine in the morning!!

Bushrag has an ultra light for $48. It shows two camo patterns but doesn't give you an option when you go to order. Also, no size option and no way to contact them.

The Bushrag Marc Anthony suit is what we use at The Hunting Public. I’ll be hunting in mine in the morning!!

Apparently they don't have any in stock. are they big enough to put over heavy camo or cold weather clothing? You don't use the pants, correct?

Bushrag has an ultra light for $48. It shows two camo patterns but doesn't give you an option when you go to order. Also, no size option and no way to contact them.
Also, it looks like they have two colors of the Mark Anthony. I'm looking at the lighter color.

Are you tight enough with them to ask them to contact someone who has questions about their suits?

Never mind. I finally found a number on the payment page and they were able to give me another number where someone from a company owned by the same person could answer my questions. Seems a lot of these Ghillie suits are only made to wear over warm weather clothes or only made in boys sizes.

Back