• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Girth Hitch to Linesman Loop Issue

rtgrizz

Hey,

I just recently bought the Tethrd Phantom saddle that came with the Tethrd linesman rope and tether. I want to permanently attach one end of the linesman rope to my linesman loop with the girth hitch. The issue i am running into is I can't get it to tighten due to the stiffness of the rope near the eye. I removed the plastic that was on there, but she is still stiff.

Just wondering how i go about getting that tight as i would like to not use the carabiner on that side.

had same issue what I did remove the plastic sheeting the soak that end in a waterproof solution (Thomson water seal) and the do what nomad_archer suggested. sit back on it to reshape it. The waterproof helps soften it and seasl it same time

Another (better) option is to just cut off the spliced end and tie a scadffold knot to the side you want permanently attached. Just make sure you tie it properly!

Another (better) option is to just cut off the spliced end and tie a scadffold knot to the side you want permanently attached. Just make sure you tie it properly!
Is that like a double fisherman’s knot? I can see that being pretty smooth and working.

There is a lot going on in this thread....

First, for me, I am never putting any chemicals on my ropes.

Second, does the tethered have a really small eye? To properly girth hitch , the eye should be big enough for the loop to go back inside itself. I would prefer the sewn area or the splice to be straight. This may be what is causing the stiffness

Is that like a double fisherman’s knot? I can see that being pretty smooth and working.
No. Double fishermen's is used to join two ropes. Scaffold chokes

Attachments

• IMG_7404.jpeg
    IMG_7404.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 13
Apply more pressure. The stiffness is just the sewn portion, force it to flex. Don't cut it out or chemically treat it! You could re-shrink tube it after install or apply liquid rope whipping (if you wanted to protect the sewn portion from abrasion).

Back