• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Groove wedding ring

Root

Back in August or out no where I received pictures of fingers skinned to the bone from wedding rings. (two came from customers, one from a good friend) One from slipping on a ladder, one from getting caught on a drill press, and one from getting their finger smashed and swelled beyond ring removal. I always wore a titanium ring so I wouldn't bend it pulling wrenches. I took the message that it was time to switch.

Not wearing a ring isn't an option to my wife. I looked into tattooing one, but I was told I use / scrub my hands to much and it would fade and need to be redone over time.

So being a guy that runs machines all day in the woodshop, to fabricating / building diesel pulling motors I needed something that would last.

I bought a Groove brand silicone ring. I figured it would probably make my finger sweat, or fail after a week. I got the ring and it was the wrong size. I called and they over nighted me a new ring free of charge. So far my finger doesn't sweat, I don't even feel like I'm wearing one. No pain / calluses pulling wrenches, running the chainsaw, or climbing my sticks. It hasn't failed or cracked in the cold. Still looks like new even after abusing it scrubbing my hands with pumice hand cleaner. Even better is no more clank noise if I bump my hand on anything metal setting up my tree in the dark. _20181119_203609.JPG

I figured I would post this up and maybe save someone else. I had serious doubts about it, but so far is been great.

I haven’t worn mine in 9 years, since it was smashed on my finger for the second time. Wife was NOT happy with my decision, lol, but it’s MY finger so never again. I clicked on the link to groove rings after watching the Groove ad on THP for 67,000th time (I will let the ads play to help them boys make a little money, it’s aggravating at times, but it keeps me from feeling like I’m on THP welfare ). I didn’t order one that time, but here come the emails.... all day, everyday. Then they had the 25% off deal for Veteran’s Day so I ordered one.....

Dang man, I just THOUGHT I was getting a lot of emails from them. So I started replying to them. I wasn’t seeking a reply, I was merely giving them a dose of their own medicine. I finally got a reply from some chick telling me why ring was taking so long (which I had never thought it was taking long or complained about) and that I she would remove me from their email list. My ring showed up the next day.

I put it on. I took it off. Maybe I’ll grow to like it. If I do I’ll tell my wife about it then.

One of the emails I sent back to them was asking why they have every color imaginable EXCEPT for gold. Why not gold??? I don’t want a black ring or a camo ring or a gold ring or a green, red, blue or orange ring. I want a gold ring. Does it make too much sense to make a gold one? Was it so obvious that it was overlooked???

I have the camo one as well and love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lost my ring yrs ago when I lost weight. Been thinking about the groove ring. Boy your right. Watch one video on it and you get battered by them.

I should get one of these. Ring avulsion is scary AF. It dawned on me over the summer climbing sticks are super high risk for it. I take mine off when I do man stuff. Most of time when I remember anyway. I just went the last few weeks of hunting season without it and my wife never even said anything. She's shocked I haven't lost it yet.

I have some qalo and ruff rings and thats about all I wear nowadays, I can hardly tell I have them on. I wear my real band when we got out to eat or at family functions. Ive heard too many stories. I love the silicone rings. The groove ring in bottomlands does look good!

A girlfriend of mine way back when had a nasty little accident stepping off her horse trailer and the ring she had on got hung up on top of the door. Still gives me the heebee geebees thinking about it.

I hadn't considered these rings before but, after looking into them I am digging the fact that I can have my wedding date engraved into it. I will never forget my anniversary again.

Ya still got to remember to look at it though

I have a plan for that. When my wife asks me if I know the date I will simply put my hand over my face in an obvious gesture of exasperation like "honey I can't believe you think I still don't know this" and will take a quick peek at the ring while I do it. It's foolproof I tell you ;)

I use to have to lift wire racks at work. One day my finger with the ring snagged on one. My finger is more important than that ring. So off it went. Never put is on since. I you lift things all day, are around electricity or machinery than jewelry is a bad idea in my book if its on your fingers..

I hadn't considered these rings before but, after looking into them I am digging the fact that I can have my wedding date engraved into it. I will never forget my anniversary again.

I forget dates all the time. But the spouse knows she has it made. So she does not make a big deal out of it.

I have a plan for that. When my wife asks me if I know the date I will simply put my hand over my face in an obvious gesture of exasperation like "honey I can't believe you think I still don't know this" and will take a quick peek at the ring while I do it. It's foolproof I tell you ;)

Hahahahaha

I don't have Groove rings but went to silicone rings a couple of years ago. I saw a couple pics of "de-gloving" and was sold. I've tried Qalo and some cheap ones on Amazon (Thunderfit). It took a little getting used to but I love them now. I've lost a few and had a couple of the Thunderfit rings wear out (just got this from wear and tear I guess). One got caught on something while doing yard work and actually broke.

As far as color goes, I'm partial to gray but my wedding ring is tungsten.

Decided after being married for 25 years I would keep the wife so I got the ring tat and made it permanent! Nothing to forget now or worry about damages.
cbc0f146796e87403bb22f9b87ec5c65.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back