• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ground hunting forum

Saddle Assassin

Red
If this is not ok please let me know or take it down.
I started a forum for ground hunting called
http://the-ghillie-hunter.boards.net/
And I would love to have anyone over that is also into ground hunting. I don't want to take anyone away from this site. It is just another way to hunt just like a saddle.
The forum is in its just opening state and I am going thru the learning curve of how to work it.
Thanks to all and good luck this year.

Saddle hunting from the ground works for turkeys. Why not for deer. No blind is necessary. Just a large tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The timing is ironic. I was sitting in my saddle on Monday thinking about how much I enjoy being at eye level. The fact that I need a harvest or two for my "team" has me tied (Literally) to a tree.

I don't ground hunt a lot but I enjoy it. In this area sometimes the woods are such that it's easier to be low and seeing under the canopy than being up in a tree staring down into a sea of brush.

I use either a hammock seat and a tree stand umbrella for some quick make shift cover or using a Web is really comfortable and use the tree for cover.

That's what kinda lead me to ground hunting. Seen to many deer go by that I could not shoot being he canopy to thick. As it dies out I will stand hunt again but I will also try some more ground hunting but I need to come up with a late season ghillie.

Back