• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Grounded with the JX3

Autumnrider

The rut is on and i decided to get in the bedroom with the deer this morning.
The JX3 HYBRID is very comfortable even on the ground.
Had 1 doe at 45 yards, a spike at 12 yards and a "I don't know??" pass at a distance that I could only see pieces of it.
I could squeeze a 45 yard shot, maybe, but the average shot would around 25 yards.
Love being up close and in my face.....
25a5bf3d2dbe4af9f72c08140c8f5ac5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have used it on the ground as well and it does work well.

Another way I recently used it was with a predator platform.
It is not essential to use a platform or even steps. I have often used just my top steps on my stick.
But a platform is very easy to carry with the Jx3 and makes shooting very very easy in most directions.
The platform also gives me 2 more feet of height
I guess all the advantages that we experience with the mantis paired with the predator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I looked on web site,Says jx3 is out of stock.Did they sell a boat load?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

I have only used it sitting on the ground for deer not attached to a tree so far No kills

But it would work either way
I used my guidos web for turkey hunting strapped to a tree on almost all my hunts
80% of my turkey hunts 4 out of my 5 kills in 4 years of hunting were killed strapped to a large tree for cover and all of them were killed at 10 yards
I have not hunted for a long time and do not claim to be an expert but turkeys have great eyes and I intend to hunt this way almost every turkey hunt
I do use a shotgun most of the time turkey hunting I have one bow kill with a turkey
And I will almost always hunt turkeys this way

When you are strapped to a tree it is easier to change your position and cover relative to the in coming prey
Sitting on the ground it is more difficult to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back