• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Guido's Web too hot?

River Hunter

I see a lot of you guys say a GW is too hot. Well we just had opener in Minnesota (80 degrees) and the back of the web was the only thing protecting my back from the mosquitoes! Holy smokes they were thick and Thermacell resistant. Can't imagine what my back would look like without the GW back support lol.

I see a lot of you guys say a GW is too hot. Well we just had opener in Minnesota (80 degrees) and the back of the web was the only thing protecting my back from the mosquitoes! Holy smokes they were thick and Thermacell resistant. Can't imagine what my back would look like without the GW back support lol.

RiverHunter sounds like you picked the right tool out of your hunting tool box for that hunt!

Someone once told me that Mosquitoes don't fly over a certain height, well the mosquitoes in my area must have missed that memo,!because they've tore me up even at 20 plus feet!

I have to admit though that both places were close to a source of water and the gnats were even worse than the mosquitoes!

Glad you are enjoying the GW best of luck and let's keep our fingers crossed for an early frost!

Man I have hunted out of mine in October 90 degrees 100% humidity....its a trade off in my book...Comfort is key and I eventually cool off and enjoy my hunts way better.

Noxninja I hope you had plenty of water with you! When it gets past 70 degrees I'm not happy! At 90 I'd be a puddle at the base of the tree!:coldsweat:

Roger,

The used web that I bought just arrived today. Since my Kestrel may not arrive before the opener, the web will probably get a work out. I'll be hoping that some cooler temps arrive by Oct 1.

Is there any way to safely let the backrest hang loose. It was 90 here yesterday and even the kestrel was hot. Once in the tree and relaxed I was comfortable. If you could keep the backrest hanging loose until you cool off it might be ok.

After reaching your height, let your shoulder straps down and give all the slack back to the back rest. Backrest will almost lay straight out away from your back. You can cool down then.

I known it's a little warm but if I was going to sit all day it would be my go to saddle.

Back