• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Guidos Web vs. JX3 Hybrid

20ftup

If your using squirrel steps as your climbing method which one would you prefer? Is the main benefit of the JX3 being that it would pack in stick and extra clothes better? Need some insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you hunt in 60*+ weather, or pack more than 10-15lbs of crap in or out of the woods, guido's web no go in my opinion.

The hybrid does have some advantages for climbing too. The thread I on my review is pretty comprehensive and addresses them ad nauseam.

Don't take this the wrong way, there's lots of good information in other people's posts. But there's also a lot of "when will they ship" crap. If you don't want to read through 40 pages - just skim and only ready my posts. You can get through it in 10-15 minutes, and get all the answers you need.

I agree with Ricky - if you're only hunting cool temps and don't pack out deer, whatever one I have would probably be what I use.

I have ultra light stick three of them weight 4.5 pounds. Plus extra clothes like bibs and jacket. I hunt pa so I was going to use my diy kestrel for early season. Then web for those all day sit later on. I’m 6’1” 210 lbs 36in waist what size web how you recommend.

I have ultra light stick three of them weight 4.5 pounds. Plus extra clothes like bibs and jacket. I hunt pa so I was going to use my diy kestrel for early season. Then web for those all day sit later on. I’m 6’1” 210 lbs 36in waist what size web how you recommend.

I have an large tall GW that has never been in the woods for sale in the classifieds. I'm 6'3 200, I wouldn't get standard height if you're over 6'. The large tall would be best fit for you.

Sent you message

Don't take this the wrong way, there's lots of good information in other people's posts. But there's also a lot of "when will they ship" crap. If you don't want to read through 40 pages - just skim and only ready my posts. You can get through it in 10-15 minutes, and get all the answers you need.

Be nice to be able to delete the hog wash out. To bad you couldn’t be moderator of your threads. (I know the system don’t work that way)

As far as comparing the Guido's and JX 3... I did not use my guidos nearly as much as my JX 3. Why because:

1. The hybrid is easier to carry and feels lighter
2. The hybrid can pack more gear easier
3. The hybrid straps seem more user friendly
4. Buy once cry once - get the hybrid
5. If you are short of cash and get a super super deal on a guido’s web it is ok to buy but if not buy a hybrid you will be happier

Just my opinion... I would buy a hybrid over a Guido's every time. No comparison between the two and no hogwash...Right from a pig farmer. Pun intended.

Last edited:
I have both and would go JX3 over the Guidos. I agree with Ontariofarmer on all his points and will add one more. The rigid pack frame back adds SO much versatility and comfort that its almost not fair comparing the two together.

Back