• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

H2 Saddle

I’ve been waiting for a review of the Heath Heart saddle for a while. The price is excellent and 10 day shipping is phenomenal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you decide to buy one of these, just consider that he states it in the site that they are for ground use only. He does not appear to have the same liability coverage as the full commercial saddle makers. That may be fine and it is likely a good product, but just know what you are buying. I too would like to see a real in depth review on one here for all our benefit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you decide to buy one of these, just consider that he states it in the site that they are for ground use only. He does not appear to have the same liability coverage as the full commercial saddle makers. That may be fine and it is likely a good product, but just know what you are buying. I too would like to see a real in depth review on one here for all our benefit.

I saw that little blurb in there about the usage too.

The only difference I can see is it's a single layer but the quality looks very nice, everyone seems happy on FB

That’s a good looking rig.Looks like the disclaimer is just a way for them to market their saddle without spending as much money as some of these bigger companies.With a saddle that nice if that group is able to achieve some growth that will change.

Aren’t all the new saddles are single layer?

I believe the kestrel has an inner/outer layer looking at the stitch pattern but the mesh style saddles are one layer not sure about other models,looking at the stitches I would be happy to hang in one and it looks a real good price regards wayne

I believe the kestrel has an inner/outer layer looking at the stitch pattern but the mesh style saddles are one layer not sure about other models,looking at the stitches I would be happy to hang in one and it looks a real good price regards wayne

The old style Kestrel yes but the new flex, kite, Mantis are all single layer? Correct?

I think we are all in the same boat. Looks nice, understand but still not comfortable with the disclaimer, want some one else to test it the first time.

There are some reviews on the site. But I've never trusted those.

I think we are all in the same boat. Looks nice, understand but still not comfortable with the disclaimer, want some one else to test it the first time.

Oh if I didn’t have this shoulder surgery and was hunting this year you guys would have a review for sure. Being on short term disability turns me in to a tight wad! I ain’t buying anything extra! Lol. If he wants to send me one I would gladly except it! You know, so I could give reviews!
The disclaimer doesn’t deter me at all. I’m a sitdrag guy same disclaimer I have been hunting under the last 5 years.

The old style Kestrel yes but the new flex, kite, Mantis are all single layer? Correct?

The flex looks double layer the mantis and kite are mesh so single layer one piece but I don't own one so stand to be corrected,regards wayne

I don't know how much I buy that liability line of the commercial companies. How many people that work for those companies climb up to their platform on modified sticks.

Last edited:
Agreed it's likely a liability thing to prevent some one coming after them in the case something did go wrong or, what is more likely, that same someone did something stupid and got hurt. Its smart to have it but it still doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

On the H2 site there's a link to a video where they apply some load to it. It didn't fail but his connection did at 2699lbs. For what's it's worth there did not appear to be any damage to the saddle at that load. Which is good because that's also only half of 5400lb 24kn arborist standard.

Yeah I tend to agree. Even insurance won't protect you from some people's poor decision making ability. The TMA won't back new tribe or tethrd either. Not that I put stock in the TMA. The certified harness that came with my tree stand was a POS

The Flex is single layer, Kestrel is double.

I get the same as sit drag "for ground use only" part, but that also means you should use an RCH with it. I will only trust my butt to a full use commercial model, or one I make myself, but if you feel OK in it for non-approved use, go for it. I just challenge him, and any other makers that are selling these, to step up and make it a fully committed to the tree model and not hide behind that going forward. He knows what it is going to used for by people and is playing to that use. In defense of Sit Drag - it was ALREADY out as a true ground use product and saddle hunters used it for non-approved purposes.

Back