• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hand cleanser for field hygiene

Exhumis

SH Member
Hello tribe,
What do y’all like to use to clean your hands while in the field, especially after say field dressing an animal? I like Goop hand cleaner cuz it’s waterless and then I usually use a rag or something to wipe off.

I used to try to use water in a nearby source. After a while I transitioned to the shoulder length butcher gloves with sanitary gloves over them when I field dress. Now I just use regular sanitary disposable gloves for most deer and use the gutless bone out method unless I'm getting a buck mounted. Then I go back to the shoulder length gloves and field dress and drag.

Blue gloves, Wipes, rags, tiny squirt bottle of soap find their way in to my kit more and more.

I got tired of disassembling deer with a scalpel, only to have to sweat deer blood and hair and fat all over myself on a pack out, then drive a couple hours in my truck.

Weighs nothing.

I have also made the move to the shoulder length gloves with a latex glove over those to keep dexterity. After I'm done, generally i'm pretty clean, but most of the disposable glove kits include a disposable wet wipe that makes quick work of any other blood/fat/hair/dirt I may have picked up.

Hello tribe,
What do y’all like to use to clean your hands while in the field, especially after say field dressing an animal? I like Goop hand cleaner cuz it’s waterless and then I usually use a rag or something to wipe off.

I carry unscented Wet Ones in my pack and back at the truck.

Wet Ones....for when you let a wet one......

1698171666600.png

I have also made the move to the shoulder length gloves with a latex glove over those to keep dexterity. After I'm done, generally i'm pretty clean, but most of the disposable glove kits include a disposable wet wipe that makes quick work of any other blood/fat/hair/dirt I may have picked up.
I just decided to switch to these. I’m basically a toddler in an art studio when it comes to field dressing.

Nitrile gloves and shoulder length gloves over them. Usually keeps hands clean. Prefer the nitrile instead of latex as they don’t have the smell that latex does.

I have a bottle of water and some nitrile gloves. Extras in case if they rip. A pack of grime wipes and some paper towels. I have an extra plastic bag so I can put the used gloves and paper towels in to throw in the garbage later Screenshot_20231024_175535_Gallery.jpg

Bottled water, any water around (yes, even a mud puddle), Started carrying an old laundry detergent bottle full of water and an old towel (trash it later)

Local water source or a bit of water from my water bottle to get clean enough to drive. The gas station I stop at to get ice has opened the bathroom door for me to use their (automatic)sink on more than one occasion.

Nitrile gloves are in my kill kit, and wet wipes are back at the truck if needed. Knife and used gloves go in a ziploc bag.

I always carry a 1 gallon bottle of water with me to clean up in the event that a local water source isn't available.

David

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Back