• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Has anyone slept in their IWOM

Hardly_Hangin

Thinking about a backcountry Thanksgiving hunt and trying to lighten my load. Wondering if anyone with an IWOM has substituted it for a sleeping bag and slept in it overnight

I haven’t but I have one and know how warm it is. I would think you could as well. I would be sure to have a shelter of some kind and some kind of moisture barrier between you and the ground.

I snoozed in mine last week before sunrise during the 20° mornings cold front. I was sitting on a PacSeat with a tree behind me and not directly on the ground though. I stayed plenty warm from sunrise until about noon when I'd move to another spot.

Cool. I'm debating between it and the arctic shield body suit, i hunt a lot out of a hammock and really need the legs to be split so i can straddle the hammock.

Cool. I'm debating between it and the arctic shield body suit, i hunt a lot out of a hammock and really need the legs to be split so i can straddle the hammock.
I'm intrigued by this hammock you're talking about now.

I'm intrigued by this hammock you're talking about now.
Probably either the Fanatic Low Down Hunting Seat or one of the cheaper knockoffs on amazon.

I actually do love my fanatic outdoors seat, which would be fine with the IWOM because mine is an older model with 2 legs thatb you sit between.

The hammock i referenced and prefer is the amazing wilderness one- its a small hammock "chair" made by a canadian company. I string this little joker up with some paracord and have sat daylight to dark numerous times in it with exquisite comfort.

It honestly pulled me off the saddle bandwagon, i havent been on this site in months/years cause ive just been using this thing.

I sooooo should not have checked out this thread. That looks too comfortable for hunting
Its spoilingly comfortable, stupid light, it's always level, and very quiet. Great for turkeys, deer, hiking, anything really.

But not without tradeoffs. The string you straddle makes off side shots difficult. I missed an opportunity last year because i couldn't get turned around fast enough. And you have all the normal disadvantages of not being in a tree.

The low down seat is a little heavier (mine is ~2#) but only needs one tree. It would work with the IWOM. Its comfortable for all day sits, but doesn't do well on a slope because gravity and stuff.

Accidentally while ice fishing a few years ago, no house just on the ice. Woke up and realized I'd been out for like 2 hrs. My hook was cleaned but no fish haha.

10/10 would do again, but I switched to a less comfortable seat now, that lawn chair was too cozy

The hammock i referenced and prefer is the amazing wilderness one- its a small hammock "chair" made by a canadian company. I string this little joker up with some paracord and have sat daylight to dark numerous times in it with exquisite comfort.
Well I don't remember seeing that one before and it was not what I was expecting. That really was a lazy boy in the woods look for a minute when he propped his feet up and laid his head back. You hunt out of that thing? None of the options in the demo looked hunting friendly since he was skylined in most of them with no backdrop. What's your setup?

I’ve been using the Bushman’s Hammock chair by arrowhead-equipment outdoors for hunting on the ground for the last eight or nine years. I definitely prefer being up in a tree for bow season, but for late season mountain hunting with the rifle way back in on national forest it’s the ticket. You can set it up in seconds on a super steep slope with zero problem. Weighs less than a pound, and packs down to nothing.
IMG_8615.jpeg

I’ve been using the Bushman’s Hammock chair by arrowhead-equipment outdoors for hunting on the ground for the last eight or nine years. I definitely prefer being up in a tree for bow season, but for late season mountain hunting with the rifle way back in on national forest it’s the ticket. You can set it up in seconds on a super steep slope with zero problem. Weighs less than a pound, and packs down to nothing.
View attachment 94529
@jbogg ! Good to hear from you buddy.

For some reason it isnt letting me load pictures, but stri g mine between 2 trees between 3-6 feet apart so my butt is about a foot off the ground.

Usually ill try to break off some pine, ironwood, holly, or laurel branches to brush myself in.

The best is if you can find a big chunk of deadfall and hookup between limbs

@jbogg ! Good to hear from you buddy.

For some reason it isnt letting me load pictures, but stri g mine between 2 trees between 3-6 feet apart so my butt is about a foot off the ground.

Usually ill try to break off some pine, ironwood, holly, or laurel branches to brush myself in.

The best is if you can find a big chunk of deadfall and hookup between limbs
That’s exactly what I do as well. Two trees 4’ - 5’ apart seems to be the sweet spot for me. Finding two trees spaced properly and oriented in the direction I want to face can sometimes take a minute, but it’s usually not a big deal.

Back