• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Havok Broadheads

Horn

SH Member

Am I the only one who bought some so far? I'm sure most of our summer community has seen my other posts, so not really wanting to jump right back into b that yet.

Looking to hear other feedback or opinions. Let's get the obvious one outta the way. Yup they're expensive.

Am I the only one who bought some so far? I'm sure most of our summer community has seen my other posts, so not really wanting to jump right back into b that yet.

Looking to hear other feedback or opinions. Let's get the obvious one outta the way. Yup they're expensive.
I know you already got it out of the way but I’m genuinely curious what makes you want to pay $50 for a broadhead. Is it looks, the thought they will be more lethal, fly better, will last longer, or what?

I know you already got it out of the way but I’m genuinely curious what makes you want to pay $50 for a broadhead. Is it looks, the thought they will be more lethal, fly better, will last longer, or what?
Well , let's see

-I'm not smart
-I like the idea of supporting local companies.
- The s7 part appeals to me.
-They were on sale for $130 or 132 ( I thought), puts them a lot closer to Iron Will but in a material I'd prefer. Fun fact they charged me $148.39. Hopefully that was fee's for using my card, but I wasn't aware it would be more, that sucks.
- I'll admit curiosity, it's different.
- I'm partial to the tip design, no reason or support for it, just like that style. Probably has to do with another head that I would like a lot better if it were lighter.
- one piece is bomber, right?
-actually had and have reservations about penetration but I think I've got enough to overcome that ( wheelie)
- bonus with zingers the 150gr is a lot better than I ever hoped on my arrow

Sorry if that's too sarcastic, hopefully there's a sprinkle of humor. Basically I had a decent reason or two and just impulse tried them. I have plenty of broadheads but the next one must be better! Lol

I looked at them and ended up going Iron Will. I’ll kinda try to follow your trend of sarcastic and or silly with why.

- I’m not smart.
- I’m willing and able to sharpen however I feel like if I’m spending near that amount they outta come to me as cut your finger trying to get them out of the box sharp as they can be and then it’s my job to maintain the edge.
- I wanted to engrave them, Iron Will has that option and going to the store in the mall to request it felt iffy at best.
- Social media marketing might have gotten me but I was impressed with all the tests I could see online from penetration to durability.

They spammed the FB groups in the days leading up to the launch. I checked their website and they had plenty of shirts and hats but no broadheads. Seemed kinda silly (and scammy) for a broadhead company but I guess everyone's getting into the merch game. I hope they have better success than the Bone Broadheads people; I was very excited to buy some but it seems they were never able to ramp up production. Couldn't figure out how to grind them efficiently enough to make it work.

Their online approach has been so nauseating it made me completely disregard their broadheads. They seem gimmicky. I'd rather buy IW, VPA, Sirius, etc. but I hope I'm wrong and they treat you well

Their online approach has been so nauseating it made me completely disregard their broadheads. They seem gimmicky. I'd rather buy IW, VPA, Sirius, etc. but I hope I'm wrong and they treat you well
Realistically, I don't anticipate being in the market for a sub-200gr broadhead any time soon. But I did want to check them out. Unfortunately their social media strategy leaves me skeptical of anything I might read. A company that will spam groups will also absolutely plant bogus or artificially-inflated reviews.

Back