• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium 20

They usually don’t have any helium’s in stock until late July or early August. Once they are restocked I would hope they add the 20” version but I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

If you decide on these and run into issues with slag between the bolts from the manufacturing process. If the sticks sound like a marca while walking through the woods. Remove all screws from the center channel and then use these to punch it all out.

The harbor freight punch set is two pieces. It did come apart while working on the sticks, but channel locks got them back out. If you were to shorten the 36 inch rod into like 24 and 12 inch pieces, that would probably be enough and you wouldn't need the HF ones. I had much more luck with the solid rod than I did with a hollow gun rod that I used originally.

I also purchased a square rod (1/4), because it seemed much more solid and less likely to bend, but the the one we had locally was too big to work. 1/4 is the same size of the opening. I think it could been grinded down to fit, but that is more skill and time than I have. Just punching out all the slag was a pain to deal with in the first place.

Hopefully you have a better experience. Ordered mine through Midway and the box looked like it was taped up by a 4th grader, all of my hardware was lose inside, I was missing hardware, and one of the sticks was configured backwards. They told me I couldn’t return it because it was a “safety compromise” to return it. Horrible business. The sticks also sound like there’s something lose inside each one. Hoping they get me through this season and I can see why people pay for quality sticks now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully you have a better experience. Ordered mine through Midway and the box looked like it was taped up by a 4th grader, all of my hardware was lose inside, I was missing hardware, and one of the sticks was configured backwards. They told me I couldn’t return it because it was a “safety compromise” to return it. Horrible business. The sticks also sound like there’s something lose inside each one. Hoping they get me through this season and I can see why people pay for quality sticks now.

Did you get them working after all the problems?Hope my sticks are ok! They deliver Wednesday

Did you get them working after all the problems?Hope my sticks are ok! They deliver Wednesday

I got them working after a trip to the hardware store. It really wasn’t the end of the world, just not what I was expecting. Hopefully you’ll have a better experience!

The sticks also sound like there’s something lose inside each one.

If you scroll up, I talk about how I fixed that with a steel rod and punch set from HF. I too had all of my hardware loose in the box. Though I only had to buy one washer, the rest of the parts were there.

If you scroll up, I talk about how I fixed that with a steel rod and punch set from HF. I too had all of my hardware loose in the box. Though I only had to buy one washer, the rest of the parts were there.

I was missing 3 screws for 3 of the tree standoffs and 6 washers. I will use your method to empty my sticks, thanks for that recommendation.

My box rattled pretty good as all the screws/washers were loose. I had the right number of screws but one was to short and was Phillips instead of Allen head. No other issues. For the money I"m not unhappy, but I haven't had them on a tree yet. Supersizing how heavy the bag of straps are, almost as heavy as the sticks. Have the full length Lone Wolfs but dident remember them being that heavy. I"m going to replace them with Amsteel daisy chains first, and maybe try the strap daisy"s from EWO.

I would not accept that from Midway. I would contest the charge. What they sent you sounds like a safety issue to me. That's messed up. Mine come in tomorrow. Hope I dont have those issues.

Back