• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Heads up on Hawk Apex Platforms [emoji20]

Im just husky

I recently purchased the Hawk Apex platform for my new Saddle setup as I found a good deal on it (sub $70) and now I know why.

I went to try it out after getting it and within the first 10 seconds, it completely folded on me. Luckily it was just in my backyard, trying to get a feel for it.

For everyone thinking I’m “too big” - My specs are 5’10”/230lb, so in the safe weight limit of 300lbs on this platform. Thank Goodness the reseller was good about returning it to get my money back. I did speak with Hawk about it, after being on hold for 50+ min, and said they would do a warranty claim for it if I wanted to…

Mostly I am disappointed as now I need to wait to get another platform solution before I can go hunt!

If you buy this one for yourself, please try it before you step into it at 20ft high…

a3aa940e90a57770de0509da5c1a1a3e.jpg

3d41b4d8c7f19b01a6c96ad7189dbbf8.jpg

Glad to hear that you are ok. Safety is #1.

In case anyone missed it, Hawk = JUNK. Do not purchase.

Yeah I probably should have taken my own advice and not jumped on the CamoFire deal for one. It was only $60 but out of the box the stand off sucks and it’s going to need some tread on the platform and probably a different strap. Probably just going to use it with my JX3 occasionally. So it won’t have my full body weight on it.

I recently purchased the Hawk Apex platform for my new Saddle setup as I found a good deal on it (sub $70) and now I know why.

I went to try it out after getting it and within the first 10 seconds, it completely folded on me. Luckily it was just in my backyard, trying to get a feel for it.

For everyone thinking I’m “too big” - My specs are 5’10”/230lb, so in the safe weight limit of 300lbs on this platform. Thank Goodness the reseller was good about returning it to get my money back. I did speak with Hawk about it, after being on hold for 50+ min, and said they would do a warranty claim for it if I wanted to…

Mostly I am disappointed as now I need to wait to get another platform solution before I can go hunt!

If you buy this one for yourself, please try it before you step into it at 20ft high…

Man thanks for telling us. That's dangerous. I hope no one gets hurt.

I will say for sure that this puts a really bad taste in my mouth for getting out to try saddle hunting for the first time. I like the idea of Ring of Steps but also like the platform base as it allows straight feet underneath myself.

I am also looking to find a top step replacement for my muddy pro sticks to add a left step (right handed shooter) of my platform. Seems like a solid and good 360 setup.

I will say for sure that this puts a really bad taste in my mouth for getting out to try saddle hunting for the first time. I like the idea of Ring of Steps but also like the platform base as it allows straight feet underneath myself.

I am also looking to find a top step replacement for my muddy pro sticks to add a left step (right handed shooter) of my platform. Seems like a solid and good 360 setup.

Any of the Trophyline platforms are GTG. You can probably pass them down to your grandkids one day.

I actually ended up buying the Tethrd Phantom on a whim as I was looking to get something quick and reliable. This one is really far and above more solid feeling.

You have me worried now , I have the same platform.
I have only been on it twice with no problem, but am a big guy.
Has anyone else had this issue?
We are a bit limited in New Zealand for choice.
I went with what was available at short notice when I went down the rabbit hole.
Was going to purchase another platform for myself and use Hawk platform for 8 year old son.
May look at something else

I went with what was available at short notice when I went down the rabbit hole.
Was going to purchase another platform for myself and use Hawk platform for 8 year old son.
Hawk is junk. NO quality control. be careful

I definitely posted my post to just let everyone know what I experienced. During my research I checked into reviews and found another post that someone else had experienced. I believe it was on an Amazon review potentially?

I’d say watch it close on yours is all. I’m not sure how one could reenforce it but If you can find a way to, it would help!

Back