• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Heaterbody Suit, IWOM and now Blizzard Buddy

Zddog

Has anyone tried this bodysuit out yet? It looks similar with the heaterbody suit, but has more benefits than the heaterbody suit because it has arm holes. I've had a heaterbody suit for about 12 years now and it works great, but haven't been able to figure out how to use it with my trophy line tree saddle. The biggest issue is trying to climb into position with it. The split in the legs isn't high enough up to it restricts your leg raise to climb from step to step. I have been facebook messaging back and forth with the owner of the Blizzard Buddy and he said that the heaterbody suit has raised the level of the split since I bought mine and his is in line with the height of theirs I think he said 4-6 inches above the knee. Has anyone tried the Blizzard Buddy out? It looks sweet and it's made in the USA. I've looked at the IWOM too because I could climb with it, but then have a different problem because they don't have legs in it. I do like the arm movement in the IWOM, but this this blizzard buddy has the best of both worlds and I would be happy to pay the $400 to keep warm late season because when I was using my heaterbody suit with a climber or hang-on stand I just had to have a base layer on and the suit and was warm down to zero temps.

Looks like the blizzard buddy is our of ohio and the iwom is out of state college. Both within driving distance from where i live in pittsburgh.

https://blizzardbuddy.com/
https://www.instagram.com/blizzard_buddy/

https://www.arcticshieldoutdoor.com/p/classic-elite-body-insulator-suit?pp=24

Similar to the one posted out of Ohio. Also there is another one I can't find that is out there too. It is similar to the heater body suit but has arms built into the suit.

I have the heater body suit (newer one with the higher level inseam) and liked it for stand hunting. With modifications it can be used in the saddle. I bought the Sitka fanatic set this year and found that really warm without the bulk to carry from the hbs. I think I'm going to sell the hbs or save it for my son to use in a few years.

The issue I had is my arms froze when I used the hbs and needed to shoot. I think the hbs with arms would be ideal. I wish I could find the company that makes it. I saw it in a bowhunting magazine this fall. If I find it I will post it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What about the Slumberjack thermal cloak? Same concept as the HBS/Iwom/blizzard buddy.

I modded my hbs and don't climb with it on. I use a platform and another benefit to it is I can stand straight up and put on my hbs. I have a diy of my mods.

Back