• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Helium rope mod using Amsteel whoopie sling

DaveH

Aug 2, 2017
Illinois
I'm planning to modify my new Helium sticks with a DIY versabutton and rope. I saw some 7/64" Amsteel Blue whoopie slings on Ebay and thought that maybe the whoopie offered a good substitute for trying to tie knots in Amsteel.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultralight...012491&hash=item41d402bbc7:g:eCQAAMXQUY1Q~nvo

Has anyone tried an Amsteel whoopie sling for hanging sticks? Any thoughts on how well it might work? I have no experience with Amsteel but with a 1,600# breaking strength would they not be sufficiently strong for this application?

Phaco

Oct 10, 2017
DE/MD/NC/IL/WI/MI
Cranford uses the same idea with their rope steps, and approximately the same diameter rope. I would think that you will be okay with amsteel, assuming you have an appropriate amount of bury for the whoopie.

Reactions: DaveH