• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from NJ

ttaillon

Thanks for accepting my request to join. I’ve been hunting Alabama for almost 30 years. I grew up and live in NJ, but surprisingly never hunted the state. I’m trying to change that by joining a local club and maybe even exploring some of the public land here.

In AL, my buddy has everything set up. There are as many shooting houses, ladder stands, and climbers as I could need. A lot of the land is pine so finding a sturdy straight tree is never an issue and climbers tend to be the tool of choice on his property for mobile hunting.

Here is NJ, I thought I’d need to be more flexible. I probably don’t want to be going around expecting to cut every limb in my way as a new member at a club or on public land. So I found this forum to learn about saddle hunting.

I’ll make sure to use the search button before starting a new thread.

Tom

Welcome from West Michigan! Sounds like you've got a good plan

Welcome Tom from another NJ hunter. Whereabouts in the state do you live? I'm in Edison.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Welcome Tom from another NJ hunter. Whereabouts in the state do you live? I'm in Edison.

David

I live in Watchung. It seems like there are several good options near me along 78 heading toward PA.

Welcome bro. Im from Cape may and Delaware. Lol i go back and forth
i hunt Sussex county Delaware and cape may/ Cumberland county New Jersey.
Any jersey boys ever want to meet up.
Hit me up. Pm me
we can probably make it happen.

I live in Watchung. It seems like there are several good options near me along 78 heading toward PA.
Watchung's not terribly far from me. Maybe 30-40 minutes max.

David

Welcome from Mississippi! Talk to some local hunters and take a hike through some woods and see what types of trees are in the area. The type of climbing system that works best where you are might not work for everyone. That should get you started toward a climbing system that fits your needs.

Thanks for accepting my request to join. I’ve been hunting Alabama for almost 30 years. I grew up and live in NJ, but surprisingly never hunted the state. I’m trying to change that by joining a local club and maybe even exploring some of the public land here.

In AL, my buddy has everything set up. There are as many shooting houses, ladder stands, and climbers as I could need. A lot of the land is pine so finding a sturdy straight tree is never an issue and climbers tend to be the tool of choice on his property for mobile hunting.

Here is NJ, I thought I’d need to be more flexible. I probably don’t want to be going around expecting to cut every limb in my way as a new member at a club or on public land. So I found this forum to learn about saddle hunting.

I’ll make sure to use the search button before starting a new thread.

Tom
Hey, Tom. How are you liking the site so far?

Hey, Tom. How are you liking the site so far?

This site is pretty amazing! There is a wealth of information here. I have been hunting for quite a while, although not frequently through the season. A good year I might get out 10 days. I have learned more in the last few weeks reading through Saddle Hunter about lots of ways to get up trees and how to stay up in them comfortably and safely. Man you all are creative and smart!

I hope to contribute something at some point. Right now I am just trying to learn from all the knowledge here.

I’m also Tom from NJ. In Gladstone. Not far from you. Search nj saddlehunter on FB, some guys are trying to do a meetup. Welcome. Grew up gunhunting north central PA big woods, and now 3 years into bow hunting. NJ different from those hallowed grounds, but in someways better. COVID brought me out of retirement. I’m no expert but PM me, I can give you a few pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Sussex county New Jersey. “Andover”. I haven’t even looked at my climber or ladder stands since I got into saddle hunting. Good luck.

I’m also Tom from NJ. In Gladstone. Not far from you. Search nj saddlehunter on FB, some guys are trying to do a meetup. Welcome. Grew up gunhunting north central PA big woods, and now 3 years into bow hunting. NJ different from those hallowed grounds, but in someways better. COVID brought me out of retirement. I’m no expert but PM me, I can give you a few pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the welcome and for pointing me to the Facebook group. I am not on any social media though. I might hit you up for some pointers now and then.

Back