• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Southern Illinois.

BLR1970

I have been bowhunting whitetail deer since 1985 exclusively on public land in the Shawnee National Forest. First mobile set up was a staghorn hang on with three heavy independent hang ladders. From that went to a Lone Wolf hang on and the same ladders. After a two year lay off from hunting, due to medical issues I am heading back into the deer woods this fall. I have been reading this forum for several months and it has helped me with choosing my new set up to get back in to the tree. This year will be my first from a saddle, I will be running a Treehopper Recon sling, Hawk minis with H.S.P. and one step aider on first stick. Thanks for allowing me to be part of a great forum.

Welcome from Mississippi! Good luck this year. I used a Recon Sling all last season and loved it. I am definitely a 2 panel saddle guy.

Welcome from Southern Illinois. I am about a hour north of Harrisburg but head down to Shawnee every year for a hunt or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, I hunt Hardin co. near Cave in Rock every firearm season. We have had a family deer camp down there for years. Killed many deer out of a saddle down there.

Welcome, I hunt Hardin co. near Cave in Rock every firearm season. We have had a family deer camp down there for years. Killed many deer out of a saddle down there.
I work out of Elizabethtown,next time your there look me up. Not hard to find just look for a white Charger. Oh make sure you obey the speed zones.:wink:

Welcome! I am north of you about 2 hours but come down to deer & turkey hunt the national forest a couple times a year. Beautiful places to hunt down there! No shortage of spots either.

Welcome! I am north of you about 2 hours but come down to deer & turkey hunt the national forest a couple times a year. Beautiful places to hunt down there! No shortage of spots either.
Great areas to hunt and good fishing in the Ohio River.

Welcome! Lived in Southern IL all my life and just recently moved to eastern TN. I had lived in Johnson county near Lake of Egypt before the move. I hunt Pope, Johnson, and Union public land and already have my archery tags (non-resident now) ,and will be back in that area this year to hunt for a week or two in November. Maybe I’ll run in to you sometime

Welcome! Lived in Southern IL all my life and just recently moved to eastern TN. I had lived in Johnson county near Lake of Egypt before the move. I hunt Pope, Johnson, and Union public land and already have my archery tags (non-resident now) ,and will be back in that area this year to hunt for a week or two in November. Maybe I’ll run in to you sometime
The best of luck to you this year.

Back