• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello From Texarkana, TX

bb_sanders

Thanks for having me! I am enjoying the forum already and its nice seeing people with similar issues/experiences I do.

I use a Trophyline Ambush Saddle that I have had since 2019. I originally got it to hunt blacktail in Washington, but then got activated by the Guard. So it sat for a while.

This year I broke it out and started one sticking since we moved back to Texas. I love it and love doing it. Now I'm trying to iron out my archery issues. I have missed two deer so far this year. I attribute it to having a super cheap bow and then not practicing correctly. Both will soon be rectified.

Welcome from Iowa. I started making it a goal to shoot every single day and my confidence with my setup went way up and translated into the field with my first two deer with a bow and from a saddle harvested this year. All the best, work hard and you’ll be rewarded.

Thanks for having me! I am enjoying the forum already and its nice seeing people with similar issues/experiences I do.

I use a Trophyline Ambush Saddle that I have had since 2019. I originally got it to hunt blacktail in Washington, but then got activated by the Guard. So it sat for a while.

This year I broke it out and started one sticking since we moved back to Texas. I love it and love doing it. Now I'm trying to iron out my archery issues. I have missed two deer so far this year. I attribute it to having a super cheap bow and then not practicing correctly. Both will soon be rectified.
Welcome from Michigan.
Are you missing high? It's easy for the saddle to change your anchor point. Easy fix is to draw normally on the horizontal plane. Then rotate your body down to the target. You gotta bend the body. Good luck!

Welcome from Michigan.
Are you missing high? It's easy for the saddle to change your anchor point. Easy fix is to draw normally on the horizontal plane. Then rotate your body down to the target. You gotta bend the body. Good luck!
That’s some solid advice. Thanks

Back