• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from tx

Cwd500

Been lurking for a while, finally got into saddle hunting. I've climbed a few times in the front yard.
4246c7f580c5af9ece9578b5fdc00c7a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Wish ya lots of luck! I’m saddle hunting first time this fall. Can’t wait to spend even more next year upgrading! lol

Another Texan is always good , I need to get back in the saddle myself. I keep saying I’m going to go scout but end up not going .

Hello from Pennsylvania.
Do you plan on doing any hog hunting from a saddle?
I would absolutely love to go hog hunting! I've never seen one...

So what part of Texas are you from ?
South East tx. Beaumont
Hello from Pennsylvania.
Do you plan on doing any hog hunting from a saddle?
I would absolutely love to go hog hunting! I've never seen one...
Before deer season starts I'll try to go kill a few with my rifle. Once season starts any deer hunt could very quickly turn into a hog hunt. Not many sits I don't see a hog. We are over ran with them. They have become a nuisance. They reproduce about twice a year and sometimes have around a dozen piglets at a time. With that being said the sows, smaller boars and barrs (castrated boars) are very good eating.
ebe5145d08917515474349f52d6ddd11.jpg

I shot these hogs a year or two ago with 1 shot. 175# barr and 135# sow
0f8ba95292b09efaf4f015922891ef6f.jpg

Back