• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help with selling climbing treestand

Sgt. Beardface

SH Member
This is not intended to be a For Sale thread, just looking for some opinions from others.

I have a Lone Wolf Sit~n~Climb II that I bought that has only been on a tree one time. Has a Hazmore seat and a ThirdHand Archery bow holderas well. Any suggestions on places to place it for sale in local areas? I'd prefer not to ship as it isn't light and is awkward. Have you had any luck selling anywhere? Any advice on where to advertise? Thanks a ton in advance.

-Chuck Blades

I also have made some luck using Craig's List. I agree with face to face, cash only. Maybe it is the area where I live in but you sometimes encounter people that respond with ridiculous offers or just because they have nothing better to do with no intent to buy.

This is not intended to be a For Sale thread, just looking for some opinions from others.

I have a Lone Wolf Sit~n~Climb II that I bought that has only been on a tree one time. Has a Hazmore seat and a ThirdHand Archery bow holderas well. Any suggestions on places to place it for sale in local areas? I'd prefer not to ship as it isn't light and awkward. Have you had any luck selling anywhere? Any advice on where to advertise? Thanks a ton in advance.

-Chuck Blades
Pirate ship. Could really help get that price down.

Okay thanks everyone. I tried marketplace for the past 4 months and no takers. Just one guy who wanted it but not for a sane price. I’ll throw it back on CL and try that too.

I'll second the pirateship option for shipping it. Box it uop, get the measurements and weight and you can easily see what it will cost to ship it. No matter what you are shipping, pirateship is usually way cheaper than just going to ups store, fedex store or usps.

I've had good luck w/F.B. Marketplace also. I sell a lot of blacksmith item that are heavy, hard to ship.

Okay thanks everyone. I tried marketplace for the past 4 months and no takers. Just one guy who wanted it but not for a sane price. I’ll throw it back on CL and try that too.
I don't want to be a bearer of bad news but I believe that Marketplace is going to be your best option. Some other great resources would be to find local hunting groups on FB and post it there.

Those are pretty desirable stands so if you're struggling, maybe your price is too high. I always set a price and gradually come down to a number that is my absolute bottom dollar.

I have owned 2 of those particular stands and I have never paid more than $250 for one.

Most of all set a price like you want to sell it. Beat whatever else you can find by $10 or $20 and no, your hazmore seat does not make it worth any more. I've seen people do all the little upgrades and want to add to the value, it doesn't. You're gonna eat whatever little fancy arts and craftwork you did [once saw a dude try to justify an instapaintjob as a value-add].

FB marketplace or if you have a state specific hunting forum. You could try posting on huntingpa.com maybe get some SE PA guys.

Supply/demand is not on your side this time of year. Nobody buys hunting equipment this time of year except fiendish sharks looking for dealz. Post in late summer early fall when normal guys are thinking about gearing up, that's when supply-demand is most in your favor.

Last edited:
Another vote for Craigslist and Marketplace. You might put up a flyer at the local archery shop or club, or bait shop, if they permit such things. Also, Facebook has local/regional buy-and-sell groups. My own area (NW MN) even has a "hunting and fishing buy sell trade" group. If your area doesn't, maybe you could start one and offer the first item(s) for sale.

Your add-ons and upgrades might sell better separately than the stand itself, and the stand itself might sell better without them. I've never sold a deer stand, but with both motorcycles and firearms, all the extra stuff you like and bolted to it is just stuff that a prospective owner might have to unbolt, replace, and sell, because they have their own ideas on what they want it to be.

If you just want it gone and don't care about the money, you could probably donate it to the youth hunter education program for a charitable write-off. I'd personally rather have the money, though.

It’s kind of a buyer’s market right now. I’ve tried selling a couple of things recently and didn’t get many bites and I thought my prices were reasonable. You could probably ship it for $30ish if you can find a buyer. But Facebook is probably the best way to get the most eyeballs.

What do you want for it. I could use one. I thought L.W. was the elite of climbers but the advertised weight is 21#.

Back