• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

how to silence Harken Standard Cam-Matic® Cleat – 150

Public

Is there away to dampen the noise from the Harken Standard Cam-Matic® Cleat – 150?

Run a piece of shock cord or hair tie through the middle is the easiest way.

You can try to take it apart and shrink tube the stop. But be warned there are like 27 delrin balls in there to go flying.

I've wrapped a piece of 14 gauge wire around mine. It keeps the cams from hitting their internal stops.

I tore mine apart and put the shrink tube on the stops. It helps but doesn't make it completely silent. Same with the schaffer.

I tore mine apart and put the shrink tube on the stops. It helps but doesn't make it completely silent. Same with the schaffer.
I did the same with my Schaeffer and Harken. It definately takes the metallic "ping" out of it.

Anybody have pictures? Not around mine to see where the stops are. Do you just put shock cord in the center where your rope usually goes? Thanks in advance!

Anybody have pictures? Not around mine to see where the stops are. Do you just put shock cord in the center where your rope usually goes? Thanks in advance!

Just through the middle of the cleat where the rope goes. Taking it apart isn’t worth the effort.

You truly want a quiet bulletproof cam cleat. As @onestringer recommended the karver kj3 cleat is the way to go. Well worth the investment..

I have one @onestringer probably has 16 of them. He like to order extra of everything…lol

Sounds good I’m going to just grab one of those then. Y’all go with the aluminum or stainless steel KJ3? Thanks. I’m assuming the same size Amstel full burry will work with it as well.

Do you have a reccomended seller? A quick halfhearted Google search last night resulted in a lot of sold out /available in April listings.

Back