• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting Hoody

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
Why isn’t there a beefy hoody for bowhunting? Think something like a Sitka Dakota but in a quiet material. I would kill for a quality piece like that. Something with an awesome hand pocket and half zip would be perfect. Pit zips would be ultimate. Anybody know of anything?

This is the Dakota:

1E7706AA-4966-4925-A0A1-46060DCD6DB3.png

I've often pondered this while in the saddle. A hoodie would work for me probably 75% of the season. Closest I've come to one is either legendary whitetails or scentlok. But even those don't half zip and are missing features. I contacted scentlok and asked them if they'd consider making one for saddle hunters with side zips and they responded that they liked the idea but there wasn't enough demand

I've often pondered this while in the saddle. A hoodie would work for me probably 75% of the season. Closest I've come to one is either legendary whitetails or scentlok. But even those don't half zip and are missing features. I contacted scentlok and asked them if they'd consider making one for saddle hunters with side zips and they responded that they liked the idea but there wasn't enough demand

It would be a great piece for or anybody not just us saddle hunters. I just can’t believe they don’t make something like that.

Been looking for the same thing, regardless of whether it’s saddle-focused. The features I want are:
1. Very quiet
2. Light absorbing (like fleece or wool)
3. Warm
4. Good camo (Sitka or FL patterns, not mimicry camo)
5. Quarter-zip
6. Kangaroo pocket
7. Articulated hood
8. Stretchy fabric
9. Wind-resistant (at least)
10. Tapered sleeves

Been looking for the same thing, regardless of whether it’s saddle-focused. The features I want are:
1. Very quiet
2. Light absorbing (like fleece or wool)
3. Warm
4. Good camo (Sitka or FL patterns, not mimicry camo)
5. Quarter-zip
6. Kangaroo pocket
7. Articulated hood
8. Stretchy fabric
9. Wind-resistant (at least)
10. Tapered sleeves
I have this and its very warm, quiet, and definitely windproof.
f81a3777a291e11c07094fd3aff9e27e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I have this and its very warm, quiet, and definitely windproof.
f81a3777a291e11c07094fd3aff9e27e.jpg

I actually tried that jacket, but for me, it was super movement-restrictive and didn't fit well at all. My experience with the Nomad stuff has been very hit-or-miss. I really like their Whitetail Scrape Jacket and their early season pants, but I've returned about $3,000 worth of their other stuff (purchased with a discount code for half that) that I tried on and didn't like due to poor fit or cheap materials. The Cottonwood 1/2 Zip didn't work for me in either medium or large.

Nomad makes some "hoodies". Super warm and quiet.

Yep I used this even into the 30s.

I layered underneath with a base layer, light mid layer and a vest. Had my coat strapped to my pack for back up and never used it.

I'll be adding one of these hoodies to the fall collection this year I believe.

Back