• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting Socks...

sir_tob

Anyone check out or use the Fits Socks brand for saddle hunting?

That's what I found.. I switched to them last year and I'm super happy with them. They just developed a new liner sock they are calling Film as well. I'm using that along with their heavy sock for saddle hunting this year. Should help with foot comfort on platforms. I found they had more loft and cushion, and more merino wool than the others. If anyone hasn't heard of them
https://www.fitssock.com/collections/men

Never heard of this company but its a nice find. The stuff looks well made. I am currently using socks made by Darntough which have exceeded my expectations. They are in the same price range and offer a lifetime guarantee.

Cool, at first they seem a little pricey but I've been happy with how long they are holding up in durability.

I have a bunch of Lorpen socks I bought off camofire a couple of years ago that work pretty great. Thinner merino wool for earlier season then onto the heavy primaloft yarn socks for ultra cold. Haven't had too much trouble with cold toes the last few years.

Haven't used them but heard good things about Fits.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sierra Trading Post or Steep & Cheap. Smart wool. Anything else is a waste of $ IMO. I finally got my Dad to switch to wool after 67 years and he can't believe the difference.

piling on for wool. Crazy how much my feet sweat in south Louisiana with cheap synthetic socks. Got a wild hair one day (truth be told, I didn't do laundry, and didn't have a choice) and tried my ski socks (smartwool) for hunting. My feet stayed dry and comfy. Going to check out the socks in the original post

Back