• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

hurricane power step

It would take some modifying because it mounts to ladder. It might would mount to a square tubing stick like lone wolfs. But judging by the description looks like it goes on the snap together climbing sticks

@cb750 , I actually hunted off a DIY platform made from a powerstep most of last year. There's a thread on it below. The pluses were that it was fairly light and the platform provided excellent foot grip. The biggest downside to me was that it didn't pack well. There's no way to fold it down to fit it into a pack or even really an effective way to strap it on one as it was configured. I was forced to carry it in my free hand. The daisy chained amsteel was the ticket to make it really easy to set up and it was very secure in the tree as long as I routed the amsteel over the upper standoff as shown in one of the pictures.

https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/different-platform-concept.3719/#post-46490

I swear someone on here welded one up from scratch that looked really similar. I'm going to try and dig the thread up.

Back