• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I dealt with a new member

Tim0712

SH Member
My number one rule in not getting scammed is not dealing with new members HOWEVER in the past 2 weeks I have done classified dealings with 2 new members so @llama32 and @Archstanton i would like to publicly say thank you for not breaking a man’s trust and to anyone else like me on the fence about dealing with a “new member” these guys are great!

My number one rule in not getting scammed is not dealing with new members HOWEVER in the past 2 weeks I have done classified dealings with 2 new members so @llama32 and @Archstanton i would like to publicly say thank you for not breaking a man’s trust and to anyone else like me on the fence about dealing with a “new member” these guys are great!
That is refreshing to hear!!! Even though I was a new member at one point, I have been very hesitant to buy anything from a new member.
It is a shame that a few bad actors have influenced my financial decision making process towards new members.
Thanks for sharing!

That is refreshing to hear!!! Even though I was a new member at one point, I have been very hesitant to buy anything from a new member.
It is a shame that a few bad actors have influenced my financial decision making process towards new members.
Thanks for sharing!
Mine as well! That’s why I found it appropriate to say it publicly! I see they have posts selling/buying elsewhere and I felt it would help them in their endeavors! I get we were all new at one point but street cred goes a long way

I had a similar experience, this week saw posting for a quietkat ranger on Facebook with only 13 miles on it. I responded on messenger and got the following response “ I posted this for my bf father his number is ######%%, I said I knew price was to good to be true.!
After a minute I decided to call. Had great conversation with the guy, explained on the fence and was thinking about buying new from quietkat with my veteran’s discount. He said it’s up to you but I can meet you at ###%%. I decided to meet him Monday after work.

What a great guy. He said he received a great deal on the bikes from quietkat as compensation for an problem he experienced with a prior purchase, and since he was able to get such a great and take advantage of the veterans discount it wouldn’t be fair if he didn’t take an additional 20% of the price he was asking.

We ended up talking for a while, and I ended up purchasing his other quietkat, so I can ride with my wife, son or daughter.

Leason of the story. There are a lot of scammers out there so you have to be careful. But as Ronald Regan says “Trust but verify “

Back