• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I made a light climbing stick

Windwalker

Critique my climbing stick and tell me what's wrong with it please. I'm open to all comments and suggestions but this is my 1st prototype. One thing that was a must to me was a cam cleat rope style set up. The stick weighs 536grams. It is made out of t6061 aluminum but has thicker 2" inner sleeve of aluminum added for strength of the top step. Also on the next stick I build I will put the cam cleat on the face of the stick, I put this one on the side to help multiple sticks stack together.20180519_143957.jpg 20180519_144058.jpg 20180519_143957.jpg 20180519_144058.jpg 20180519_143957.jpg 20180519_144058.jpg

I think I would have used 1/8x1x1 material for the whole thing it may add an ounce. And I think I would have a 5 step aider hanging out the bottom I like it. I can’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. Like I’m there said multi steps aider and slightly thicker material. I would keep testing with the cam cleat on the side. Sand a radius into the tubing on the corner the rope hits going into the cleat.

Cam cleats sure are nice, made a big difference for me. Interested to see if the side mount will end up working for you.

Cam cleats sure are nice, made a big difference for me. Interested to see if the side mount will end up working for you.

I am interested in seeing if the side mount works too. Feed back please. And thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've got some sticks I just built and I'm going to try the side cam cleats too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seemed to work just fine while practicing. I might replace the rope step with a amstel 3 step aider, if I can figure out how to make it

Back