• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I want…

CP3

A top of a post “step” mounted on top of the post of my predator xl. Something similar to what was shown on the “Vader”. That would allow it to still close flat.

Any ideas?

Drill a 5/16 hole across the beam. run a long grade 8 bolt, add splacers to both side and bolt it down.
That could work, I was hoping for something with a flat top surface area.

I’ve kicked around the idea of a top post step. I even bought a piece of aluminum angle to go the cheap route to add a step. I need to just cut it and bolt it on. Try it before season, otherwise it won’t happen till next year lol

Reactions: CP3
That could work, I was hoping for something with a flat top surface area.

Instead of spacers, maybe use cut 1 inch aluminum tube from a climbing stick and drill holes in center. That might actually work as the 1inch cube would slide into the slots in the beam. that would give you about 2 1/2-3 inches across I think.

Reactions: CP3
I was hoping that retro fitting another product (step) might work.

Really hoping Tethrd would manufacture this as a product.

Someone to make a true stand alone back support...something that is a little ridged that supports lower and upper back simultaneously
What kind of price point are you thinking about? The reason I ask is I think there is definitely a way to do that very thing, in a jacket, but that obviously adds cost over just a basic support piece.

What kind of price point are you thinking about? The reason I ask is I think there is definitely a way to do that very thing, in a jacket, but that obviously adds cost over just a basic support piece.
We actually had a vest in mind as opposed to a jacket. Reinforced along the sides with a mid stomach attach point so that it pulls evenly from top and bottom.

We actually had a vest in mind as opposed to a jacket. Reinforced along the sides with a mid stomach attach point so that it pulls evenly from top and bottom.
Lets talk later but without knowing your concept, what I played with created an unpleasant amount of squeeze in a fairly short amount of time because it lacked the rigidity @Weldabeast mentioned. There are a couple of other things that I think could come into play to really enhance comfort and functionality. Vest or jacket would work for what I have been scheming on.

A top of a post “step” mounted on top of the post of my predator xl. Something similar to what was shown on the “Vader”. That would allow it to still close flat.

Any ideas?
Tethrd is hopefully going to release one this year.

Attachments

• BF5584EF-0E6C-4328-8CFE-24C96BEBEB62.jpeg
    BF5584EF-0E6C-4328-8CFE-24C96BEBEB62.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 70
Maybe try a couple of the Treehopper bolt pedals. They would pivot...not sure if that's a plus or minus for your goals. If you don't want them to pivot, you could drill a 1/8 ish hole thru the step and the bolt and put a removable pin thru. Removing the pin would allow the platform to fold flat but would also allow you to replace the pin when you have the platform set and have a no-pivot step. Hope I explained that clearly.

Back