• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Insights saddle stalker backpack

It’s been around at least a year. I didn’t think a piece of saddle hunting gear could slip passed the saddlehunter crew.
Yeah but I’m a troglodyte by these guys’ standards. Lol just ask @BTaylor about my stock gear rants and lack of stealth stripping. It’s a wonder they even let me hang out around here, me and my 3-step OG Lone Wolf sticks…
It’s gotta be the Kestrel. It’s worth a little street cred.
Anyway, this looks interesting. Is there no actual back “pack” element to it yet tho? If not, the price tag is maybe a little steep. I know he said in the future it will be modular. And it’s a unique take on a part of our game that historically required 10K DIY solutions to this exact problem. Other packs and bags have tried, this is a refinement on their attempts.

Yeah but I’m a troglodyte by these guys’ standards. Lol just ask @BTaylor about my stock gear rants and lack of stealth stripping. It’s a wonder they even let me hang out around here, me and my 3-step OG Lone Wolf sticks…
It’s gotta be the Kestrel. It’s worth a little street cred.
Anyway, this looks interesting. Is there no actual back “pack” element to it yet tho? If not, the price tag is maybe a little steep. I know he said in the future it will be modular. And it’s a unique take on a part of our game that historically required 10K DIY solutions to this exact problem. Other packs and bags have tried, this is a refinement on their attempts.
The only actual pack part I see is some pouches on the hip belt. You could attach other accessories to the molle on the back. I’m ok with it though, I don’t usually carry a full pack unless I’m bringing lunch, extra clothes or a trail camera.

Someone may call BS on this but i literally had an idea to make basically this exact same thing 5 or 6 years ago.

It would be nice to let this double as a knee pad up in the tree.

It looks familiar, but maybe just similar to another product.

I'd consider it more a sticks-and-platform carrier than a backpack. Doesn't look like a good place for extra layers or Little Debbies, unless you attached a 'sustainment pouch' of some sort to it somehow.

It looks familiar, but maybe just similar to another product.

I'd consider it more a sticks-and-platform carrier than a backpack. Doesn't look like a good place for extra layers or Little Debbies, unless you attached a 'sustainment pouch' of some sort to it somehow.
This^^^^ I can see the typical strap pouches for my rangefinder and headlight, but where do I put my ozone thingy?

Back