• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is this right? CRUZR XC Bridge looks sketchy

Pistolpeta

Hey all!
Im new here, just got my first saddle (CRUZR XC).
Tried it out today at one stick high just to get a feel for it and noticed an area of the amsteel bridge that is about half the thickness of the rest of the line and another spot that looks like it was spliced.

Is this normal?
It looks sketchy but this is my first time so everythings sketchy haha.
Figured I'd ask you guys first before asking CRUZR.

Thanks for the help!
Video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RD4-sO3BH0c

IMG_9293.jpeg
IMG_9292.jpeg

Those are the ends of the buried tails that make a loop. They should be tapered to prevent a rapid increase in the rope size, and to help keep them from popping out.
It can be easily corrected by pulling them out a little ways and cutting a 45 degrees on the end and required by milking the “cover” back over it. It would require loosening the girth hitch.

Back