• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is your Platform uncomfortable?

Anyone else find that a platform ends up putting too much pressure on their feet? I have 20+ hours in my diy screw step platform now and I find it less comfortable than using 3-5 screw ins. The first 3 sits it was comfortable but the last 2 my feet have been barking. I’ve tried changing foot location and using the edge but don’t find it comfortable anymore. It’s possible that it’s just not big enough and can rock side to side causing uneven foot pressure. I’ve tried switching foot pressures too butto no avail. Could it be tether alignment to the platform?

You can try sitting more to take pressure off your feet. Also, make sure you have a boot with good arch support. I prefer a steel shank in my boot. We are leaning at an awkward angle that stresses the feet differently than just standing.

You can try sitting more to take pressure off your feet. Also, make sure you have a boot with good arch support. I prefer a steel shank in my boot. We are leaning at an awkward angle that stresses the feet differently than just standing.
I normally sit with a ROS so thought I’d lean from a platform like others say they do. I guess I’ll try alternating more. And I just have a pair of Merrill light mountain boots I use most of the season. I’ll have to try my old Army boots they have a stiffer sole too.

Yeah I use lacrosse aeroheads and you feel it on your feet. I just sit for a bit instead then stand up when I want.

Nice part about using a small treestand for a platform. Real easy to adjust your feet, or just sit down on the seat for a bit. Get uncomfortable, tons of different options on what to do.

Back