• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ISO Louisiana swamp hunting tactics

Chris emmons

May be a little off topic going to start hunting tensas nwr next season never hunted thick palmetto flats or had much luck hunting the swamps around my area any information that can help me jump start a successful season next year is highly appreciated also gonna be my first season in my saddle

i have hunted it years ago an i am also wanting to start hunting it again next year i live about a hour away from it

I'm about 3.5 havent been there since I was a kid but the hard hunting is whut I like there's just not the deer population in the swamp around me worth hunting seen two this whole season
i have hunted it years ago an i am also wanting to start hunting it again next year i live about a hour away from it

they have tons of deer around here maybe we can link up next year out there

they have tons of deer around here maybe we can link up next year out there
For sure buddy not sure of the dates I'm planning on as of now but I will get it figured out I wish I could scout during the summer but it's not allowed

i am told i am getting one every hunting season lol some times i think it would be nice lol all the huntig gear a man could want an hunting without having to hear any lip lol

i am told i am getting one every hunting season lol some times i think it would be nice lol all the huntig gear a man could want an hunting without having to hear any lip lol
I get the stank eye everything a box gets dropped off

we are both wqnting to leaen it agin neither one of has hunted it in years any info would be nice

we are both wqnting to leaen it agin neither one of has hunted it in years any info would be nice
I don't believe scouting is shut down during the summer months. You're not allowed to use the ATV trails During certain months but outside of that you can walk anywhere you want. You should probably double-check that cuz I don't want you to come back and be upset with me if that's not legit. I know you can use the property to hike, Bird Watch, fish, or any other number of activities outside of hunting season. You just need your $20 day use permit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I don't believe scouting is shut down during the summer months. You're not allowed to use the ATV trails During certain months but outside of that you can walk anywhere you want. You should probably double-check that cuz I don't want you to come back and be upset with me if that's not legit. I know you can use the property to hike, Bird Watch, fish, or any other number of activities outside of hunting season. You just need your $20 day use permit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
You may be right I'll have to call when there back in the office may just drag a boat up there and do some scouting along the river that I have in mind

ATV trails are closed to ATV use from March 1st to September 30th every year. You can ride manual powered bicycles or walk the trails year round. No motorized vehicles though, including motorized bicycles.

ATV trails are closed to ATV use from March 1st to September 30th every year. You can ride manual powered bicycles or walk the trails year round. No motorized vehicles though, including motorized bicycles.
Part of me hates the fact that we can't use an e-bike up there. It would make accessing a lot of places a lot easier. But another part of me doesn't mind because he keeps a lot of people out of the harder to reach places. I brought a regular bike up there when I was doing a lot of scouting. One day I covered about 15 miles. It makes covering a lot of ground a bit easier. I was still whooped by 2:30 in the afternoon. There was actually areas that are carried the bike through Palmetto's cuz there was no way to ride.

Thanks I'll drag a boat and do scouting from the river in a few areas I have in mind and walk to the others

Thanks I'll drag a boat and do scouting from the river in a few areas I have in mind and walk to the others

I’ve been doing that lately just to hunt some of my usual areas. Areas I normally walk through have 4-6 feet of water in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back