• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

IWOM

Chad Yoder

Ok, I'm new and very intrigued by the possibility of using a tree saddle. Only major issue I'm seeing is that I usually am using my IWOM suit for 75% pic my hunts up here in the northwoods of Wisconsin. Does anyone have some experience using one of these with a tree saddle? Would love to see a video if possible how it could work.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

With some modifications it would be possible. The biggest concern would be that the saddle platforms are smaller and your feet are contained in the iwom. It would be difficult to keep them on the platform. If you had a larger platform this may not be an issue. You could also let . your feet out of the iwom to alleviate the concern but this would allow cold air in.
Also you would have to modify the iwom to allow the tether hook up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I tried hunting with my IWOM out of the saddle last year and it does work - use the side openings to run your bridge through. You'll need a detachable/adjustable bridge. The biggest challenge I had was noise. If you climb a rough bark tree, the IWOM sticks to it and makes a loud Velcro noise as you move or adjust.

Just something to consider.

Back