• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Juki LU-563 Acquired

sojourner

SH Member
A little while ago, I walked into a once in a lifetime deal on a very lightly used Juki (a stay at home mom making horse blankets on the side ( as a hobby I guess)). It sat in her basement for some time. Retiring and moving south, so it had to go. This machine is what I would call pristine.

It came with table and clutch motor. I put a servo and speed reducer on it. It barely needed cleaning. Finally got some time to run it today. Ran T-135 through 6 layers of 1” polyester webbing like it was nothing.

First pic is FB MP ad (Philly suburbs)
Second pic is how it is set up in my office / fabricating room.

I am done with industrial sewing machine acquisitions. I guess it is time I start in earnest with the fabricating of outdoor gear.

e2e980bc9fcda415c0158c0276193270.jpg

bd992a651ec5005fa1ba0d1263852ac1.jpg

A little while ago, I walked into a once in a lifetime deal on a very lightly used Juki (a stay at home mom making horse blankets on the side ( as a hobby I guess)). It sat in her basement for some time. Retiring and moving south, so it had to go. This machine is what I would call pristine.

It came with table and clutch motor. I put a servo and speed reducer on it. It barely needed cleaning. Finally got some time to run it today. Ran T-135 through 6 layers of 1” polyester webbing like it was nothing.

First pic is FB MP ad (Philly suburbs)
Second pic is how it is set up in my office / fabricating room.

I am done with industrial sewing machine acquisitions. I guess it is time I start in earnest with the fabricating of outdoor gear.

e2e980bc9fcda415c0158c0276193270.jpg

bd992a651ec5005fa1ba0d1263852ac1.jpg
Man that’s amazing!!! I wish I could find a steal like that. That said I have two ancient machines needing to see some love. Whatcha gonna do with the 205?

Man that’s amazing!!! I wish I could find a steal like that. That said I have two ancient machines needing to see some love. Whatcha gonna do with the 205?

I plan on keeping the 206RB-4 for regular sewing and the Juki 563 for binding. I still need to order the synchronized binder parts for the 563.

Everyone I speak to likes to have a separate machine for binding. I can see how constantly switching from regular sewing to sewing binding on one machine could be laborious.

I have to stop cruising FB MP and CL. The deal was definitely total luck on my part. I’ll never see a deal like that again.

Good luck with your rehabbing your machines.

Back