• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just bought my first saddle. (Sit&Drag).

Tyler malone

Looking to mod my Sit&Drag saddle. So if anyone has any tips or ideas that they have done to there’s please send me so pics and directions. Thanks guys.

Thanks skell. I noticed I will have to change the bridge form the stock one that came with the Sit&Drag. Also the teather. Where do y’all recommend getting the bridge and teather at?

Thanks skell. I noticed I will have to change the bridge form the stock one that came with the Sit&Drag. Also the teather. Where do y’all recommend getting the bridge and teather at?
Quite a few options for those. My bridge is currently climb rated tubular webbing, about 28" loop to loop. This is an easy option to tie on. Many like amsteel blue. Amsteel needs to be spliced on. Not difficult, but makes messing with bridge length difficult.

My tether is Yale Bandit. It's 11 mm double braid static climbing rope. It is no longer available. A number of people use Sampson Predator (which is similar) and like it. This is also the standard that comes with the Kestrel I believe.

Google any of these options and you will find numerous places that sell by the foot. When ordering, error on the side of extra so you have plenty for knots. Wesspur and Treesstuff are good vendors, but are far from the only options.

Back