• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 Hybrid Gen2 Leg Strap mods?

Boomstick300

Hi folks!

I’m currently hunting out of a Kestrel and it has been great! However, I just purchased a JX3 Hybrid and I have been playing around with it in the backyard trying to get the kinks out before taking it out on a hunt. So far I absolutely love this thing! I’m one sticking with a Muddy Pro and one sticking has never been more comfortable or easier! My question is what are you doing with the leg straps? I like how it helps fold everything up and even how it acts as lashing straps. The problem I have is, I’m having to constantly readjust from transport mode to leg strap harness mode-The adjustment buckles leave a lot to be desired. It’s a POA. I’m interested in what you all are doing with them and/or your system/routine?

Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a gen one and the straps are very easy to adjust. I've seen a lot of complaints about the gen two straps with people switching them out completely.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I had the same struggles with mine. Here is info I got from Donald with JX3 about how the leg straps work. This made a big difference for me. I hope it helps you

For the leg straps, you’ll notice there are two buckles on each strap, a male slider buckle on the end of each strap and a rectangular slider buckle. The male buckle is single laced with webbing and the rectangular buckle is double laced with webbing. Both can be used to adjust the length of the straps, but the single laced male buckle is easier to use for tighten and loosening.

For my initial set up, I adjusted the length of the straps with the double layered rectangular buckle to where they were the leg straps were comfortable while sitting and standing. I recommend doing this before going on your hunt. This may take a few times to get the overall length right as well as the distance between the two buckles. Once adjusted I typically do not make changes to length using the double layer buckle, and use the male single slider for tightening and loosening.

I had the same struggles with mine. Here is info I got from Donald with JX3 about how the leg straps work. This made a big difference for me. I hope it helps you

For the leg straps, you’ll notice there are two buckles on each strap, a male slider buckle on the end of each strap and a rectangular slider buckle. The male buckle is single laced with webbing and the rectangular buckle is double laced with webbing. Both can be used to adjust the length of the straps, but the single laced male buckle is easier to use for tighten and loosening.

For my initial set up, I adjusted the length of the straps with the double layered rectangular buckle to where they were the leg straps were comfortable while sitting and standing. I recommend doing this before going on your hunt. This may take a few times to get the overall length right as well as the distance between the two buckles. Once adjusted I typically do not make changes to length using the double layer buckle, and use the male single slider for tightening and loosening.

Thanks so much! I will try it out first thing tomorrow! Report back.

Swampman-It worked just as you described! Appreciate the help!

Do you do this everytime from packing to climbing? I've just got mine and have spent more time trying to figure the leg straps out than anything else. Im debating on what to do with them. Im thinking just leave them the length for the climb up and get a bungee to keep it and gear secured while walking.

Do you do this everytime from packing to climbing? I've just got mine and have spent more time trying to figure the leg straps out than anything else. Im debating on what to do with them. Im thinking just leave them the length for the climb up and get a bungee to keep it and gear secured while walking.
After I followed these instructions from JX3 Outdoors, I now only use the adjustment on the male end. I simply pull and tighten for both packing and climbing. I couldn't include the pictures that go with these instructions so maybe reach out to JX3 Outdoors about this. They helped me understand how they are designed to work. It was not intuitive to me.

Good luck, Mike.

Reached out they emailed me back pretty quick and here are the pics to go with @Swampman post #3. Since I seen the pics it has worked pretty good.

Screenshot_20201223-153159_Yahoo Mail.jpgScreenshot_20201223-153207_Yahoo Mail.jpgScreenshot_20201223-153219_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Back