• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Key bridge collapse, Marylanders check in!

Glad you’re ok! Hopefully your coworkers are ok?
Yeah, it happened around 1 AM so very little traffic, most of the people that were on the bridge was a construction crew that was working on the potholes apparently. Its a sad day, 5-6 of the crew who fell into the water are still unaccounted for. The ship's crew reported power lost and that they are going to crash, when the construction crew heard about it they started warning everyone instead of just running away themselves.

Heroes in my book.

Prayers to the families of the lost, humans come first.

Curious what it's gonna do to the supply chain around here. Have clients asking me like I'm some kinda expert on everything which I am definitely not. I have some people telling me it'll be gonna be covid 2.0 for a bit (if that's even really over?), I have some people telling me it will be a blip if anything. Probably somewhere in between. I was told a lot of manufcaturing cargo flows through there. Some random parts might be SOL for awhile if they come through Baltimore.

It's the opposite end of the State from me but, I happened to be in that area Sunday and Monday for a funeral and had family cross that bridge Monday evening on their way home. I was definitely saddened to see the headline this morning. Prayers to all of the families involved.

There's a video on X that shows the ship lost and then regained power on two occasions just prior to hitting the bridge so it appears to be an accident. That's a busy bridge and port, things are going to be a mess down there for a while.

Grew up in MD and am familiar with that bridge. Horrible tragedy. Been pretty busy today but last I saw there are still 6 missing? Sending Prayers

Yeah, it happened around 1 AM so very little traffic, most of the people that were on the bridge was a construction crew that was working on the potholes apparently. Its a sad day, 5-6 of the crew who fell into the water are still unaccounted for. The ship's crew reported power lost and that they are going to crash, when the construction crew heard about it they started warning everyone instead of just running away themselves.

Heroes in my book.
Absolutely.

A couple things should be answered in greater detail. Harbor pilots steer the ship out through the main channel & tugs are done for the most part once the ship is off the docks & moving on the right course. Curious what went down , 9 kn isn’t nothing for a ship that big & heavy……. No conspiracies here just sad that it all happened. Gonna be a long process to clear the channel! Much less the rebuild.

This was a terrorist attack.
The ship was out of the chanel for 7 min. The ship lost power for 3 min before it it the most sensitive portion of the bridge. The ship was only going 8 knots. They should have dropped the anchor. This port and the bridge is extremely important for shipping cargo in and out that has few other options.
The goverment comming out before they have even investigated it and saying no terrorist involved is bull.

Man, crazy that happened. I'm down in Florida with my kids and don't travel to Baltimore that often so personally unaffected. Traffic is going to be a mess in that area for quite a while, but more importantly it looks like there's 6 people still missing from that construction crew, and likely presumed dead at this point. My heart goes out to their families.

I heard there was a bridge in OH burning too……. Not sure maybe others have heard about this?

Man, crazy that happened. I'm down in Florida with my kids and don't travel to Baltimore that often so personally unaffected. Traffic is going to be a mess in that area for quite a while, but more importantly it looks like there's 6 people still missing from that construction crew, and likely presumed dead at this point. My heart goes out to their families.
I heard on the news that they have found 2 workers alive and well. Sorry to say they did find one body.

Most of my co-workers made it to work on time or just a little late, but then most left a little earlier then usual just in case. Seem like the authority planned out the detours really well. That and GPS helped a lot. So for everyday commuters it doesn't seem to take a big hit as long as they understand its going to take a little longer then usual. But obviously other aspects of the aftermath well tell how big an impact it is. Gas is still same price when I got it this morning.

Last edited:
Back